Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: How Big will this Tesco / ASDA be ?  (Read 11539 times)

Belly

Re: How Big will this Tesco / ASDA be ?
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »
The size of Six football pitches !

Wheres the proof that the building would be that big Miss M?

And please don't use Portwood as an example, as any store at Marple would not be the size of a borough centered store located next to a major motorway junction.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 09:21:18 AM »
and isnt the block to develop only for a certain amount of time?  After so many years they can redevelop the whole lot?  sure i read that here in last few weeks!

Miss Marple

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 01:30:27 AM »
The size of Six football pitches !

Maria

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
Been advised by the college that the playing fields and car park have to remain as open space-cannot be built on and cannot be used for car park for the store-the existing college footprint will be where the store and car park will be subject to planning.

sgk

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 04:12:50 PM »
At the meeting in the Park SMBC Planning Officers stated that it would be about the same size as the Morrissons at Cheadle Heath (The one near Avondale Swimming Pool).

There was an earlier post on the forum which included a good comparison of the plot sizes.

Victor M

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 03:44:43 PM »
At the meeting in the Park SMBC Planning Officers stated that it would be about the same size as the Morrissons at Cheadle Heath (The one near Avondale Swimming Pool).

moorendman

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 01:48:55 PM »
Guess work and Chinese whispers??? I don't think that's fair. As nothing has been published yet , then there has to be a certain amount of deduction made. ( a preferable word to guesswork ) What has been published in various formats , some now withdrawn , is the intention of the college to sell to fund building elsewhere. This was all sufficient for the complete set of local councillors and the MBC planning officer to attend a meeting about it all. Not a Chinese whisper in my view, but something rather more concrete.

As regards the size of any potential supermarket, there have been two posts made which include visual comparisons of the Hibbert Lane site with the Tesco site in Stockport. These are to scale and give an indication of what could be done. No supermarket is going to pay £12 million for a site and build a convenience/express type shop on it. Regardless of the cost, it would be in the wrong position. Any Tesco Metro type store would be certainly located in the centre of Marple.

Tricky

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 01:39:17 PM »
Sensible post Osdog

almost all of the threads/posts are based on guess work and chinese whispers
meh

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »
The word is that is is more likely to be Asda but that's by-the-by. No plans have been submitted yet, so nobody knows what the intentions are. But if you were paying £12M for the site how big would you make it?

My thoughts on what will probably happen is that they will put the first plans in as big as they possibly can so that they can give concessions to public demand as the rejection / appeal process was followed. This is similar to housing projects too. So it will be as big as they can get away with.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Osdog

How Big will this Tesco / ASDA be ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:29:01 PM »
I've worked my way through an awful lot of the threads here, and I can't find any information with regard to the Sq footage of the site.

I assume that the supermarket will not take up the whole of the site, as part has to be for recreation (am I right in this assumption?) - so, my vote on whether I would approve or not would I think be partly influenced by how large it was.  I'd hate to see something the size of the Tesco in Stockport going on there, but if it was one of those small units (Tesco Metro) then it would be a great bit of competition to the Co-Op.

I suspect it'll be somewhere in between the two. 

Thoughts ??