Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Young Persons Residential Unit  (Read 10982 times)

Rachael

Re: Young Persons Residential Unit
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 04:35:09 PM »
You've been off a long time-nasty thing!!

You say the nicest things, in such a way, I see it, that only a daughter could love you for it  ::)

Rachael

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 04:19:17 PM »
 :P

alan@marple

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »
You've been off a long time-nasty thing!!

Rachael

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 08:47:29 AM »
Alan @ Marple,  ... I think its clear to see the point that was being made, we dont need religion on here to squabble about as well , the day that starts, Im off >>>>>>> :P

alan@marple

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 11:25:54 PM »
I don't live on Cross Lane so it's not in my backyard but I agree wholeheartedly with David Myers.
Here here. I live on Buxton Lane but know several people who live on Cross Lane who, far from being "outraged" by the news, don't actually give a damn!

It's far better that we give "naughty boys", if indeed these are to be the recipients of care at No2, the opportunity to turn their lives round than cast them off to learn, from god knows who, a worse way of life. There but for the grace of god or a good person in the past go a lot of Marple residents old and new. I won't name names but there were a number of people who were considered the pits when I lived here as a girl, whose children have gone on to bigger and better things because they were given a chance.

Stop all this nimby-ism and show a bit of Christian (fill in your own belief here) charity.

And what is your idea of Christian charity
and YOUR point is?

and

Rachael

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 08:22:09 PM »
I don't live on Cross Lane so it's not in my backyard but I agree wholeheartedly with David Myers.
Here here. I live on Buxton Lane but know several people who live on Cross Lane who, far from being "outraged" by the news, don't actually give a damn!

It's far better that we give "naughty boys", if indeed these are to be the recipients of care at No2, the opportunity to turn their lives round than cast them off to learn, from god knows who, a worse way of life. There but for the grace of god or a good person in the past go a lot of Marple residents old and new. I won't name names but there were a number of people who were considered the pits when I lived here as a girl, whose children have gone on to bigger and better things because they were given a chance.

Stop all this nimby-ism and show a bit of Christian (fill in your own belief here) charity.

Good post , I work with a charity ( volunteer )  that works with young people  who have difficulties for various reasons , " Given the chance " speaks volumes ,  the first post talks about a residential unit that was mis managed and this is what we have to remember there are many, in fact thousands of residential homes for children in care that do a very very good job :)  ... unfortunately its when you live next door to one that was mismanaged is when people get worried, and fear for something repeating itself .  Im sure if first experiences had been a good one, then the original post wouldnt have been posted  .... we have to remember  ... it was mismanaged   .... a disaster for the children in their care :(   and very very sad for them children too .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 05:25:37 PM »
I am mortified by some of the negative comments that have been made about people who have not had the best start in life, agreed they may be problematic but you would not think twice about sending money or support halfway round the world to a complete stranger!  The reason why children are in these aweful situations is usually due to bad parenting and many other reasons and in most cases beyond their control, they need help and support from people who should know better.  They need a understanding, guidance, support and if that were given at an earlier age then they may not have the need to be homed away from their loved ones (if they have any). People really should have a little more understanding and respect for people who are much less fortunate than most. (I speak from my own experience). :-[
Bravo, DM!

Rachael

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 05:42:03 PM »
To be fair to the original poster,  I can see where the fears are coming from,  as they mentioned, the previous time this had opened as a residential home, it was mis managed , and it appears that they suffered a knock on effect from this .

Its more likely the fear of history repeating itself, rather than the actual residential home itself .

I hope they can get more information that they need from the people who are running this,  its difficult when everything is about protecting the child, its hard to open up and give the information that they need, basicly because their hands are tied  .

Reassurance can go a million miles , after all, they are going to be neighbours .

Duke Fame

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
This post has been overwritten as it was considered inappropriate. Subsequent posts responding to it have been removed. Admin.

bat man

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 03:49:07 PM »
I am very dissapointed by the negative comments,yes there are young people who have gone off the rails and are placed with responsible carers in our community,what they need is support so give them support dont knock them.I have worked with wayward youngsters for 21 years and have seen more posotive results than negetive,go on give it a try dont be put off by your first knock back once you gain there trust the results will come flooding by and you will feel and see the benefit,as David Cameron said recently"everyone deserves a second chance. :-\

thebigshed

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »

crosslaners

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 01:49:02 PM »
We have exhausted many avenues to get information. We know who the officer-in-charge is, we know the company who are going to run the home and we know about the company that owns (has shares in) the company that is going to run the home.... we keep digging. The petition idea was taken on advice from others.
Crosslaner

Disgusted of Marple

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 11:22:49 PM »
The residents of Cross Lane are outraged ... A petition will shortly be going round ... registering our disgust and dismay.

Has anyone any more information about this home?
Interested whether you have considered getting more information about the home prior to organising the petition. Maybe worth considering?

Miss Marple

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 10:45:48 PM »
I totally agree with what you say and  have hands on experience on this topic!  It would be wrong to identify where the local homes are as the majority of them go unnoticed.  What the Cross Lane residents need to know is that the level of care the client group requires and then ensure that this is met by the home owners by asking to meet with them  to allay any concerns they have   The home I referred to in my last post was different, this home had been opened as a YP residential home to rehabilitate drug users.  The owner had the client groups best interests at heart but sadly the clients were not ready to go on a rehab programme and constantly needed to score  sadly Marple at that time paid the price.