Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701854 times)

sooty2

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #593 on: August 14, 2011, 12:11:16 PM »
Thanks for that Moonforest.It's great the public support that's being shown.We are all in it together!Must go now to do some printing under the guidance of the team leader ::)they show us how to press print on the copier.  ::) I will show my work to the team leaders leader who may have to run it past the quality control leader ;)Then finally on to the central command team,hope I can find him/her,they may not be wearing easy recognisable clothing!Oh well!! perhaps I will make a non executive decision,by- pass the lot of them,and take them to our cars for delivery. ;D Hope I am not treading on any ones toes :P.Must dash,busy,busy.Hope to see lots at the March on Saturday.

moonforest

« Reply #592 on: August 14, 2011, 05:15:41 AM »
The MIA campaign is amazing! The sheer number of people and the organisation involved is a testimony to the strength of our community here in Marple. I for one would like to say a huge big THANKYOU to everyone who is committing so much of their time and energy to saving our community. A job being brilliantly done!!

sooty2

« Reply #591 on: August 14, 2011, 12:26:14 AM »
I really do not get your posts Smithy 166.MIA is running like a well oiled machine.All the teams know what they are doing.We don't need credit for suggestions.We are getting on with the job in hand.Why would we want to change the t'shirt logos?we are not making any fashion statements!They are already printed.We are not staff as such, we are volunteers with no pecking order.We are not in it for the glory.We have one aim.To save our local business,To prevent any more traffic congestion,The devaluation of property values, the disruption to the supermarkets neighbours and the preservation of our town centre.!!

Smithy166

« Reply #590 on: August 14, 2011, 12:01:10 AM »
Forgot to say that T shirts are now on sale at £5.00 each. All profit to go MIA fund raising campaign
Can I suggest a change on the T-shirt design? insted of having the logo on the front i'd move it to the back, and have a small logo on the left breast at the front.
Also, i'd make a seperate design for MAR personnel, which has the logo on the back, along with "STAFF", and there name on the left breast.

Miss Marple

« Reply #589 on: August 13, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »
What another fantastic day we have had today collecting signatures.   We have gained over a thousand again today and that's not counting the ones in the shops or the ones being collected door to door.  The opposition to this ridicules proposal is huge and growing as more and more people gather information, which they have been doing independently now by speaking to collage staff who are now openly saying what they had been told by CAMSFC.   Lots of interest in the March next week with people from surrounding areas phoning for information.   We also think that we may have a lead on the red car that has been used by the two people taking down the posters as a resident was able to get the car registration number and reported it to the police.    
ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU TO THE  RESIDENTS OF MARPLE WHO CAME OUT TO SIGN TODAY YOU DID MARPLE PROUD.
          NEXT SATURDAYS MARCH WILL BE THE DAY WHEN THE COLLAGE AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED

PARTIES SEE THAT A SUPERMARKET ON THE HIBBERT LANE SITE IS NOT WANTED AND NOT HAPPENING

Forgot to say that T shirts are now on sale at £5.00 each. All profit to go MIA fund raising campaign

Smithy166

« Reply #588 on: August 13, 2011, 09:57:53 PM »
Apologises for the double post, but further to the teams, I would add a Central command team, which all the "team leaders" are part of, along with the Senior management. This team would call the shots, and be responsible for assigning tasks to each "team". the leader of the "team" would then take the task which his/her team had been assigned, then split it up into sub tasks if it was a large scale tasking, or multistage (so for example, if CCOM-D wanted 500 leaflets printing, they would task the publication team with making the leaflets. The publication team leader would receive this order, he/she would then assign each team member with a specific number of leaflets to be printed. he/she would also lease with CCOM and the distribution team as to when the batch of leaflets would be ready, and were they would be delivered to when ready for distribution)
If you wish for me to explain further please feel free to shoot me a PM :)

Smithy166

« Reply #587 on: August 13, 2011, 09:45:56 PM »
MARPLE IN ACTION have now organised Into teams

Legal team
Lobbyist team
Tec team
Communication team
Research team
Data team
Leaftet distribution team
Fund raising team
Market research team

We have groups of people working in all these teams but are still looking for anyone who thinks they can help in any of these areas.  Each team has a nominated team leader so please if you can help in anyway
contact the action line, admin, or the MARPLE In ACTION web site and you will be put in touch with the team you feel you could assist.   OCT IS FAST APPROCHING WE NEED TO ACT NOW !

Finally! Sorry if it seems like i'm trying to be rude here, but the way things were going before The MAR was organised into teams i was becoming concerned.
Also, Have any of the things MAR has put in place been suggested by other people? So for example did someone suggest the team idea? If so I feel that it would only be right to have a seperate post that is sticked that mention the forum name of however suggested the ideas, so as to give them credit, and to let the general public know that you are listening to them and taking there ideas onboard, and not just throwing them into the bin :/
For example, I suggested ideas that are very similar to what has been implemented so far on this thread : http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=3663.0 including the march AND the banner.

Miss Marple

« Reply #586 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:31 PM »
What another fantastic day we have had today collecting signatures.   We have gained over a thousand again today and that's not counting the ones in the shops or the ones being collected door to door.  The opposition to this ridicules proposal is huge and growing as more and more people gather information, which they have been doing independently now by speaking to collage staff who are now openly saying what they had been told by CAMSFC.   Lots of interest in the March next week with people from surrounding areas phoning for information.   We also think that we may have a lead on the red car that has been used by the two people taking down the posters as a resident was able to get the car registration number and reported it to the police.   
ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU TO THE  RESIDENTS OF MARPLE WHO CAME OUT TO SIGN TODAY YOU DID MARPLE PROUD.
          NEXT SATURDAYS MARCH WILL BE THE DAY WHEN THE COLLAGE AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES SEE THAT A SUPERMARKET ON THE HIBBERT LANE SITE IS NOT WANTED AND NOT HAPPENING

alstan

« Reply #585 on: August 13, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »

I agree Dave. Shows what the priority of the Lib Dems is when it comes to a choice between education and jumping on a band waggon which might produce a few smiley photo opportunities. Why doesn't he wait for the public consultation on any plans that are actually put forward like most Marple people

Dave

« Reply #584 on: August 13, 2011, 08:26:26 AM »
So our MP is trying to 'Get the College to Think Again'. Unless he knows another way for the college to raise the capital it needs, that means he is campaigning against improving the educational facilities of his constituents, which is an astonishing thing for an MP to do!

Miss Marple

« Reply #583 on: August 10, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »
MARPLE IN ACTION has just obtained the deeds for  MARPLE Swimming Baths which we will post on the web site.  The baths were a gift to the people of MARPLE and given mainly for the use of our children by Mrs Macnair !   Thank you Mrs Macnair  ;D

The link (Admin) http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/marple_swimming_baths#incoming-200957

Robert

« Reply #582 on: August 10, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »
We had our arranged meeting with Andrew Stunnell and it went well, he has pledged his support which will run alongside MARPLE IN ACTION     The mins of the meeting are being typed and when they are ready Belle MIA secretary  will put them on the forum. 
           all ready on the forum .from Marple civic society .

Can anyone link me to these minutes? And are minutes available for the other meetings?
Thanks

Miss Marple

« Reply #581 on: August 10, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »
MARPLE IN ACTION have now organised Into teams

Legal team
Lobbyist team
Tec team
Communication team
Research team
Data team
Leaftet distribution team
Fund raising team
Market research team

We have groups of people working in all these teams but are still looking for anyone who thinks they can help in any of these areas.  Each team has a nominated team leader so please if you can help in anyway
contact the action line, admin, or the MARPLE In ACTION web site and you will be put in touch with the team you feel you could assist.   OCT IS FAST APPROCHING WE NEED TO ACT NOW !

chicken lady

« Reply #580 on: August 09, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
blimey, Andrew Stunnell's quick off the mark on this one, took him 3 months to reply to my letter to him about university tuition fees.  Does he feel the need to try to curry favour with local voters before the next election?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #579 on: August 09, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »
I have received a letter in response to my own from Andrew Stunnell-he has set up his own campaign - Get the College to Think Again - and has suggests we all join his campaign-I have a form to complete and return to him but will imagine he has an online petition on his web page.  Not had the chance to check yet but will do so-at least he is supporting our opposition to a large supermarket!

Here's a copy of the letter from Andrew Stunell received by people who have written to him.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website