To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Archers bakerery  (Read 15724 times)

alan@marple

Re: Archers bakerery
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »

Do you think it might help if Archers timewarped out of the 50's and revamped the shop interior 2011 style?

Neil Smith

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 10:59:17 PM »
Do You get gravy running down your arm from Gregg's .bet you don't not like archers .if you dont support them they close .youve tried the rest now use the best .

But if the "best" is not cutting it any more they deserve what happens.

In one respect I can remember people queing out the door years ago, but now your lucky to see 2 or 3 customers in there at any one time.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 08:41:55 PM »
Do You get gravy running down your arm from Gregg's .bet you don't not like archers .if you dont support them they close .youve tried the rest now use the best .

alan@marple

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »

For many years I enjoyed Archers hot pies, they were the best in Marple albeit probably the most expensive.
I entertain no doubt that they are still very nice.

However I now enjoy a much cheaper pie and of similar good quality from Greenhalgh's

I can also use Greggs ( if I must)

or Granary Farm

or If I have a walk, I can use The Rolling Pin, that is really nice.

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 06:15:22 PM »
Maybe more to do with the price and  thats why they  are not producing as many    Oh!  Archers Wimberry tarts i have had one every week for 50 years  :o

Dave

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 03:29:22 PM »
If the pies have all gone by 9.30 there can't be a lot wrong with them!

Neil Smith

Archers bakerery
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »
How disappointed I was the other day when I tried to get a pie from Archers, at 10:30 :o but found they had nothing on the shelves bar a few cakes and a couple of loaves......"But Neil" I hear you say "it was 10:30 they would have sold out"  "but NO" I say, I had been in an hour before and it was the same story.

It is always a treat for an archers pie even since I was knee high to a grass hopper but I have found in the past few years they have been letting the quality slip >:( and I think the other day may have been the last crumb (so to speak)