Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Archers bakerery  (Read 15753 times)

Belly

Re: Archers bakerery
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »
They also make the best steak pies in the world.

Oh yes! A key benefit to living in Marple IMHO.  :P

Howard

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »
And his customer service and pleasent nature is something Archers could learn from

You really do seem to have chip on your shoulder about Archers, Wheels. This isn't the first post you've had a dig at them. From my experience they are exceptionally helpful and pleasant. They have been very popular for years, as evidenced by their continued existence.

They also make the best steak pies in the world.

wheels

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »
And his customer service and pleasent nature is something Archers could learn from

alan@marple

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 02:41:02 PM »
Such a fuss over the pies, you must all be fatties

bluebelly

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »
saucer of milk for the panther

Rachael

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 05:51:51 PM »
I imagine they werent  BUT they have succeeded because they have been supported , and I think its fair to say Archers is in a different league to Greenhalges and Greggs,  but if your point is that I supported greenhalges instead of Archers, then Im unaware I can buy water, crisps , sandwich and a gingerbread man there ? ( can I ? )  ... And if your next point ( maybe ? )  is going to be  ..Why didnt I buy it from the Spar , then lets be sensible, they are at different ends of the village .

And Yes, I am trying to encourage you to support the Spar.

Archers, Greggs, Greenhalges sell bread, pies, cakes etc .... are they identical ... absolutely not , and even you know that ( Im sure )  .

Tricky

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »
Thing is though Pink Panther, in the Rose Hill Shop thread you are trying to encourage us to support local family business despite is costing a few pennies more..

I Imagine Archers were not to chuffed when Greenhalgh's and Greggs opened up less than 50 yards away eh ?

- just saying.

I'm also saying that the Steak pie and Vanilla slice I had for my luch today (from Archers) were both lovely.  :)
meh

Rachael

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »

Do you think it might help if Archers timewarped out of the 50's and revamped the shop interior 2011 style?
NO!!!!   leave Marple alone !!  Too much modernisation has gone on already !  If you want modern I suggest you buy a Pukka Pie and eat it in the Trafford Centre  ;)

I agree ,  I like the interior of the shop, but It is expensive when you have more than two people to buy for ( but nice for a treat )  .

Im not keen on greenhalges , and I dont like greggs  ... but I can see how Greggs do well, I bought my son lunch from greenhalges ( sandwich, gingerbread man, packet of crisps and a bottle of water )  and it cost me £4.97  ... I nearly died ( but was too embarrased and put on the spot to say no thanks which is very unlike me  ;)         )  it would have cost me £1.99 on a meal deal at Greggs, plus about 50p for the gingerbread man .

Troika

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 09:29:15 PM »
I come back to Marple on holiday every few years and high on my list are Archers meat pies, wimberry tarts and custard tarts as must eat. I was back in 2009 and I still love them. Hope they are still there when I next come back. I appreciate they are more expensive but I have never found anything here (Australia) that matches their taste.

moonforest

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »

Do you think it might help if Archers timewarped out of the 50's and revamped the shop interior 2011 style?

Erm.........no!!

amazon

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »
Do You get gravy running down your arm from Gregg's .bet you don't not like archers .if you dont support them they close .youve tried the rest now use the best .

But if the "best" is not cutting it any more they deserve what happens.

In one respect I can remember people queing out the door years ago, but now your lucky to see 2 or 3 customers in there at any one time.
                                     Twenty in this morning when i called about 10.30.

amazon

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 02:13:52 PM »

NO!!!!   leave Marple alone !!  Too much modernisation has gone on already !  If you want modern I suggest you buy a Pukka Pie and eat it in the Trafford Centre  ;)

Agree ...... .

Neil Smith

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »

LOL where Archers are concerned I totally agree.

Miss Marple

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 11:43:45 AM »

Neil Smith

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 11:20:30 AM »
Not really Alan I go as they do the best pies I have ever tasted, its just its hit and miss (more miss than hit) if they have any stock on the shelves.