Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Archers bakerery  (Read 15749 times)

Stephen hill

Re: Archers bakerery
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »
After watching TV rave about Melton Mowbray pork pies I remembered the second to none Archers pies and google searched and immediately found this website and discussion page.  I now live in Dorset but still often visit Marple and always make a point of treating the family to Archers pies.  Why have they never been marketed? With fond memories.  Stephen.

Chrissie

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 08:07:11 PM »
Archers has survived over 60 years.  I remember them coming to Marple and there wasn't a nicer or friendlier person than Mrs Archer. I now live in South Africa and often crave an Archer's meat and potato pie. There was a queue outside the door on a rainy Saturday morning when I was there last year. Keep up the good work Marshall.

Duke Fame

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 12:43:16 PM »
And his customer service and pleasent nature is something Archers could learn from

I find the people in archers to be lovely when i am in there. I note you have had a few experiences of poor attitudes and bad customer service at many different shops. i find that if you are pleasant and nice to people you find they are great with you and you get the customer service you deserve.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 12:02:43 AM »
Wheels, I agree that Archer's pies are very nice,  I cannot say that I have ever felt particularly valued as a customer or received a cheery smile or greeting. Just" yes please and anything else"

However nice they may be, in my opinion, they are still the most expensive pies in Marple.

For me there is nothing nicer than being sat on the bench outside Greenhalgh's enjoying enjoying one of their Hot pies, or even two, at nearly half the price

Sorry alan archers all the time .no saturated fat in them .
And I'm sorry too, Amazon, but if a pie has a meat filling, it has, by definition saturated fat in it.

richard

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2013, 03:05:58 AM »
Archers, ATN and Claudios are all good bakers with very different products, I think whichever you choose they will always be better than any of the chain bakeries and almost always served with a smile

richard

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »
Meant to say not just archers, but most of them

richard

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 08:19:37 PM »
Think all things nice do better cakes
, pies, sausage rolls etc. but maybe more expensive

Bluezorro

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »
Maybe the owners of archers dont want people bringing in their dirty old bikes into the shop.

Howard

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »
Merged with an old Archer's thread as this vendor seems to polarise opinion!

amazon

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »
Wheels, I agree that Archer's pies are very nice,  I cannot say that I have ever felt particularly valued as a customer or received a cheery smile or greeting. Just" yes please and anything else"

However nice they may be, in my opinion, they are still the most expensive pies in Marple.

For me there is nothing nicer than being sat on the bench outside Greenhalgh's enjoying enjoying one of their Hot pies, or even two, at nearly half the price

Sorry alan archers all the time .no saturated fat in them .

wheels

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 03:17:42 PM »
I have already told you I don't dispute that, they produce an outstanding product.

alex

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 02:11:09 PM »
Wheels, I agree that Archer's pies are very nice,  I cannot say that I have ever felt particularly valued as a customer or received a cheery smile or greeting. Just" yes please and anything else"

at the end of day Archers pies are made on the premises with local meat, Where are Greenhalgh's pie made? wheres the meat from which goes in them, i don't mind paying a extra 50p for the quality

alex

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »
And his customer service and pleasent nature is something Archers could learn from
wheels what is your problem with Archers?? plz tell us?????????

alan@marple

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 01:03:10 PM »
Wheels, I agree that Archer's pies are very nice,  I cannot say that I have ever felt particularly valued as a customer or received a cheery smile or greeting. Just" yes please and anything else"

wheels

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 11:23:51 PM »

You really do seem to have chip on your shoulder about Archers, Wheels. This isn't the first post you've had a dig at them. From my experience they are exceptionally helpful and pleasant. They have been very popular for years, as evidenced by their continued existence.

They also make the best steak pies in the world.

I agree Howard outstanding product. Just about the worst customer service, dreadful.