Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Widening of Dan Bank  (Read 74868 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Widening of Dan Bank
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »
I've got some 50 watt and some 75 watt bulbs left, I personally would prefer 25 watt bulbs as they will produce much less glare for the passing cyclist and motorist. :)
Hi Dave, if planting bulbs is too high tec for you,  may I suggest you grind a few stumps, preferably on Dan Bank  :D

alison

« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »
Blimey, spring has definitely arrived, no whinging, compliments, jokes - what's come over you all? ;)

I think Dan Bank is looking much better, and once the new trees and flowers have time to settle its going to be great (its also quite nice to not have to put my headlights on to enter Marple in the daytime, and quite comforting to think that the likelihood of the road collapsing is lessened!)

Well done Myers, and all involved on the work done

Alison

Miss Marple

« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
Hey Dave if planting bulbs is to high tec for you may I suggest you grid a few stumps , preferably  on Dan Bank  ;D

David myers

« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
I've got some 50 watt and some 75 watt bulbs left, I personally would prefer 25 watt bulbs as they will produce much less glare for the passing cyclist and motorist. :)

Miss Marple

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »
Will you plant me a few bulbs Dave  :'(

David myers

« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2011, 04:55:38 PM »
At first I thought it could never look nice, and that it was so sad that all those beautiful trees had come down  ( it still is )

BUT ... now I think its looking great :)

The new  trees wont take long to establish themselves,  someone was jogging up the new pavement, its so much safer for everyone .

Its a good thing , and I like how it has turned out .
I took quite a few pics today of the planting and already the leaves are coming out to play on the new trees, also there is a large patch of the Blue Bells at the bottom end coming into bloom. They should be uploaded later onto our website and are alos on my Facebook page, im so happy to the the Blue Bells and trees coming into leave as it softens the blow so much. :)

Rachael

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »
At first I thought it could never look nice, and that it was so sad that all those beautiful trees had come down  ( it still is )

BUT ... now I think its looking great :)

The new  trees wont take long to establish themselves,  someone was jogging up the new pavement, its so much safer for everyone .

Its a good thing , and I like how it has turned out .

bluebelly

« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2011, 07:37:27 AM »
must admit as the work continues, have changed my mind.in time to come it will be a fantastic entrance into marple.

tina

« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2011, 10:56:07 PM »
I think its looking really good, even better now the big fence is coming down. I know it was shocking when all the trees came down and I like your thinking Mark that the tree stumps could of been made into a feature, its a shame it didn't happen. But the end result will look great, it looks so much brighter :)

David myers

« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
Having completed the planting yesterday, over 1600 trees, all we need is a little time and like yourself, people will hopefully appreciate all the proactive work we have done on behalf of smbc. We will be irrigating tomorrow and now it's also been hydroseeded it will soon be very green.  :)

Dave you have done excellent job it looks very good indeed .
Many thanks Mr amazon, great to have just a little recognition for the positive work that's been done, it will look better still when we plant adjacent to the properties later this week, some large yews and hollies to go in.

amazon

« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »
I can't comment on the cycle path, but have just travelled down Dan Bank and have to say it is beginning to look very good indeed.  I shall be interested to watch the various trees and other plantings maturing.   :D

I agree. I like the new look. I quite like being able to see the sky!

But then again, I'm bound to like it as I'm a highway engineer by trade.... (not working for the council I may add).
                 Never seen so many stars  at night since i banged me head on me mothers mangle  :D 

Miss Marple

« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2011, 08:31:52 PM »
I think it looks good too and will soon look much better. Every time I pass those big stumps though I think what a shame they weren't left tall for someone like Andrew Frost to work his magic on them. I think that would have been a really positive thing to do and would have enhanced the gateway to Marple. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing :'(
That was a request made but appears not to have been acted on such was the haste to cut them down by SMBC

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »
I think it looks good too and will soon look much better. Every time I pass those big stumps though I think what a shame they weren't left tall for someone like Andrew Frost to work his magic on them. I think that would have been a really positive thing to do and would have enhanced the gateway to Marple. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing :'(
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »
Does anyone know what's happening to the trees on Dooley Lane ? :'(

amazon

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2011, 04:33:57 PM »
Having completed the planting yesterday, over 1600 trees, all we need is a little time and like yourself, people will hopefully appreciate all the proactive work we have done on behalf of smbc. We will be irrigating tomorrow and now it's also been hydroseeded it will soon be very green.  :)

Dave you have done exellent job it looks very good indeed .