Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Widening of Dan Bank  (Read 74860 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Widening of Dan Bank
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2011, 06:20:42 PM »
I think there is to be a meeting tomorrow morning at the library at 10-15am held by Cllr Bispham re the widening of Dan Bank    Has anyone got more information on this  ???

belleesummerbee

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011, 10:02:12 PM »
The Planning data base identifies the application type as Tree Work only; this would only be required where trees are protected either by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) or Conservation Area (CA) status. It may be the tree/trees Miss Marple is trying to protect is/are already protected if the Order extends up to Hill Top Drive. The Local Authority has no requirement to consult with neighbours when determining either TPO applications or CA notifications. The application (DC/046162) has been determined under delegated powers and not presented before committee. Its difficult to see how this is woodland management, it appears to be clear fell, and replant to facilitate and engineering operation. It would be nice to see the arboricultural report. (DS/19/13E)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2011, 09:16:03 PM »
The Planning Database, which is now back on-line, shows this:

http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData/AcolNetCGI.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=110130

And also appears to show that there was NO consultation with neighbours!

http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData/AcolNetCGI.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeConsultees&TheSystemkey=110130

There are no documents either, although a report is quoted: Woodland management to facilitate engineering works including felling and pruning operations in accordance with the arboricultural report. (DS/19/13E)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2011, 08:31:35 PM »
Miss Marple asked
Does anyone know when phase 3 starts ???

I asked Martin Candler this question. There are no dates in place for Phase 3 that covers the path down Stockport Road from "Hilltop Drive" to "Dan Bank" (the 1st road, not the farm). New Council money would need to be used for this and there ain't nothing in the pot. It's fair to say, no-one knows anything concrete about the phase 3 timescales.

belleesummerbee

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
The only way to protect a tree is by the serving of a Tree Preservation Order. You will have to provide reasons why the tree is important within the landscape (high amenity value, important within the street scene etc); the tree will also have to be structurally sound. Not sure if the intended works have been through the planning process, but if they have and the tree was identified for removal, the planning application would prevail and an Order could not be served.

Miss Marple

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2011, 08:12:06 PM »
Its going to be one hell of a night here tonight on Dan Bank, the really big machinery has just arrived I have never seen so much equipment  

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 08:11:29 PM »
Miss Marple has asked me to post this on her behalf. The red bits have been edited by me:

From: stockportdirect@stockport.gov.uk <stockportdirect@stockport.gov.uk>
Subject: Re: Website Feedback
To: ##################
Date: Thursday, 3 February, 2011, 14:06

Dear Ms "Marple"

Thank you for your email regarding a tree presavation order request.
I have forwarded the details to the Parks and Recreation Department who will contact you with regards to the application.

Case reference number: 101085218

Please quote this reference number if you require any further assistance.

Kind Regards
Donna
Customer Service Officer
Stockport Direct
Contact Centre
Tel: 0161 217 6111

----- Original Message -----
Sent:        2011-02-02 23:34:01.0
To:        stockportdirect@stockport.gov.uk
Subject:        Website Feedback

I want to put a tree presavation on a tree at the top of Dan Bank marple.  Is a 300 hundred year old tree near Hill Top Drive   can you send me the relevant forms

Regards

"Miss Marple"
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Deniseam

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »
I also support the proposal for more mature trees to be replanted when all the work is done.  By that I mean large vandal proof trees.  You can just see it now - one lot of idiots going down the road bending and breaking all the tops of the new trees off and further money would have to be spent to repair the damage. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2011, 07:50:23 PM »
I have emailed the council to request a tree preservation order be put on the very large 300 year old tree that is soon to face the chain saw as part of phase 3 of the development.  Does anyone know when phase 3 starts ??  Please help me to save this healthy tree  ??? Any suggestions welcomed  :'(

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 07:31:17 PM »
The tree expert gave us his assurances that some of the mature beech trees would stay and we asked him to ensure that Myers Tree Care are fully informed about where they should wield their chain saws; incidentally last night was blissfully quiet compared to the previous 2 nights; I think we frightened them off!

Just to clarify, Myers Tree Care completed their involvement in the Dan Bank Tree works on Friday 28th January. The additional work done since then has been carried out by a subcontractor of the main contractor responsible for the road strengthening/widening.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

beverley hills

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 06:35:57 PM »
Whoops sorry Trixie didn't mean to upset anybody! I was referring to the local councillors and Marple Area Committee who have apparently promoted this scheme, not concerned Marple residents.  We are all concerned about the devastation and how this has happened so we need to stick together.

Miss Marple

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2011, 05:50:32 PM »
In my submission of the 13th January, I raised my concerns about the impending devastation to the woodland on Dan Bank. If only the people who are now protesting had shown some interest at that stage, it might have shown the Council the depth of feeling against such a scheme in order to provide a cycle path. To the Marple Councillors and Marple Area Committee, who apparently were instrumental in requesting a scheme to relieve traffic congestion in Marple, I say 'well done' you have between you ruined what was onche same time a pleasant woodland entry to marple.
These decisions were made well before the work commenced on Seventeen Windows  My advice to you is to take the matter up with all the supporters on this sight of Seventeen Windows !  Who are now guilty by their absence  and so would I be if I had supported such a ridicules scheme.  On the positive side I am looking forward to a 4 x 4 and Volvo free road outside my house on Stockport Road when the track is completed because ALL CHILDREN WILL BE WALKING TO SCHOOL AND WE WILL BE ALL CYCLING TO WORK!!   Don't believe me???  then ask councillor Wright because he Say's it will happen and this is why the council are undertaking all this work and that's why he supports it !!!   Beam me up please ! Mission to base can you hear me ?

sooty2

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »
Do you really think that protesting on 13th of January would of made any difference?People have been ill informed to the severity of the felling and if they had known the truth, would of protested sooner.I feel your negative comments are out of order.what if anything have you done? please refer to your first post. You stated "WE" must not let this happen. >:(

beverley hills

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 05:11:06 PM »
In my submission of the 13th January, I raised my concerns about the impending devastation to the woodland on Dan Bank. If only the people who are now protesting had shown some interest at that stage, it might have shown the Council the depth of feeling against such a scheme in order to provide a cycle path. To the Marple Councillors and Marple Area Committee, who apparently were instrumental in requesting a scheme to relieve traffic congestion in Marple, I say 'well done' you have between you ruined what was once a pleasant woodland entry to marple.