Archive > Recommended Pubs & Restaurants

The Devvy

(1/12) > >>

barndoor:
A couple of friends called in for Sunday lunch today. They're in the habit of meeting up once every three weeks or so and trying a different pub restaurant in the locality, and in the last few months they've been to: Hare & Hounds (all three); The Oddfellows; Ring o'Bells; The Midland; Norfolk Arms; Spring Gardens; and now The Devy. Their feedback was effusive: 'excellent quality', 'service was second to none', 'good portion sizes', 'the best we've had'.

So reading between the lines I think they were impressed.

Mrs barndoor and I were so buoyed along by their enthusiasm that we're going to pay a visit ourselves and see what the fuss is all about. I'll report back.

Rachael:
We called in for lunch today, it was excellent.   

wheels:
I went up a couple of weeks ago for their Friday "Catch of the day" special. The food and service was outstanding.

Barbara:
Had lunch there today and it was very nice.  Be prepared for largish portions - I thought I was having a 'light bite' but it was large and had chips too. 

corium:
I've been told the management team changed yet again a few weeks ago and that there has been a positive improvement since. I can't vouch for any of this personally and won't be dashing up there quickly but thought I would pass this on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version