All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: 4 in a bed  (Read 12777 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Marple - Who needs '4 in a bed'
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »
I love Marple...  It will take more than a Channel 4 TV show to edit what they want and make it entertainment for the likes of Gogglebox, made in Chelsea or TOWIE to convince me that it's not a superb place to be in!  Everyone that lives in Marple and know how kind the proprietors are in the community will see past all of that and not get sucked in my media hype!  They have visitors from all over the world...  THE WORLD!  Surely they must be doing something right - in my humble and ever so strong opinion any way  :D ;)
Good on you, Maxine!

MaxineMachine

Marple - Who needs '4 in a bed'
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 06:39:02 PM »
I love Marple...  It will take more than a Channel 4 TV show to edit what they want and make it entertainment for the likes of Gogglebox, made in Chelsea or TOWIE to convince me that it's not a superb place to be in!  Everyone that lives in Marple and know how kind the proprietors are in the community will see past all of that and not get sucked in my media hype!  They have visitors from all over the world...  THE WORLD!  Surely they must be doing something right - in my humble and ever so strong opinion any way  :D ;)

Cripes

Re: 4 in a bed
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 08:29:25 PM »
He didn't come across very well, regardless of editing! We sat speechless throughout, if you saw that programme you wouldn't want to visit Marple, it came across so dull!...On the upside he's getting a new sign, Milan, Montenegro, Marple or whatever...he changed his mind a couple of times about which other places would feature.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »
Expect Kevin didnt get much choice on the format of the programme and they may well have just dumped the bits that made marple look anything more than sleepy!!

jet

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »
I enjoyed the tour of Marple and it was nice that The Bell ,72ft Party narrow boat was in the camera Shot.

Iona

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 09:11:54 AM »
Marple, Marple, MARPLE! ;D

... so good they named it thrice! ;D

amazon

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »
Faulty Towers Comes to mind . watched first two thats it .load of rubish nit picking .

moonforest

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 09:24:37 PM »
After watching the Marple episode I wouldn't start the tour at the train station.
I know for a fact Marple isn't entirely "sleepy"....cheeky blighter, we're mostly of historic interest but that won't suit everyone so for those who are interested it certainly will.

It would be better to kick off the tour of Marple via the canal on a boat....in that way they get to see the utter beauty of our great town and its history.

I'd bring them to the train station lastly and then tell them about the Miss Marple story, a great highlight to end their stay. 
I'd also add that the editing of the programme was awful, could've done better, now people will see Marple in a somewhat negative light.......NO!

Kevin didn't do his best to represent Marple and on the programme he says = I'm extremely judgemental and I like to judge everybody and everything. If you want to show Marple in its true light then make it fun and exciting.

Have to admit the "sleepy" bit made me laugh.....they should try getting out of the place in the rush hour traffic and see how "sleepy" it is then!!

It's rather sweet that Kevin is so enthusiastic about Marple but I agree that he could have made a better job of showing our little town off. With so much green belt land around us it shouldn't be too difficult to make a lasting impression on any visitors.  :)

Mr Marple

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 06:27:38 PM »
After watching the Marple episode I wouldn't start the tour at the train station.
I know for a fact Marple isn't entirely "sleepy"....cheeky blighter, we're mostly of historic interest but that won't suit everyone so for those who are interested it certainly will.

It would be better to kick off the tour of Marple via the canal on a boat....in that way they get to see the utter beauty of our great town and its history.

I'd bring them to the train station lastly and then tell them about the Miss Marple story, a great highlight to end their stay. 
I'd also add that the editing of the programme was awful, could've done better, now people will see Marple in a somewhat negative light.......NO!

Kevin didn't do his best to represent Marple and on the programme he says = I'm extremely judgemental and I like to judge everybody and everything. If you want to show Marple in its true light then make it fun and exciting.

moonforest

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 07:04:57 AM »

Yay, she's only jealous!!  :)

sgk

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »

pirate Princess

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 08:41:12 PM »

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:07:32 PM »
Saw most of this by accident. I didn't think the host came over enormously well but it must be difficult "performing" in front of cameras. He needs a bit of coaching in putting himself over.

But wasn't the woman from Edinburgh rude and spiteful! Probably deliberately chosen but she didn't do herself any favours. I didn't see her episode but her attitude made me think that I would sleep on a park bench in Edinburgh before I'd stay in her establishment!

sgk

4 in a bed
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 07:07:43 PM »
The "4 in a bed" series features Marple accommodation Springfield Hotel (on Station Road) this week.  

Channel 4, Tuesday, 17:30.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-in-a-bed/episode-guide/series-1/episode-17

http://www.springfieldhotelmarple.co.uk/