Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Library  (Read 1632 times)

CTCREP

Library
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
Earlier this week I returned my 3 books on loan to the Library one of which had to go into the nearby bin. Later I borrowed 2 more and when I reached home and looked at my receipt it said I had 3 books outstanding, one of which was one I had returned - possibly the one that went into the bin but I can't be sure.

I looked at the Library Web Site and it showed I had 3 books outstanding. I went to the History page and although it showed I had returned 2 of the books, it also showed that I had borrowed (and returned) 3 books that I don't remember borrowing.

I contacted the Library service and they have removed the returned book from my outstanding list, they have gone further and say I have no books outstanding. That's fine by me - I will return them eventually - but a few weeks ago I was charged an 18p fine for a book I couldn't remember borrowing. My memory isn't all that good so I paid up. However could it be that it was one of those books on the history list that I didn't recognise?  Has anyone else had this experience?