Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: How are we all finding the new bin service .  (Read 24643 times)

moonforest

Re: How are we all finding the new bin service .
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 01:07:52 PM »
Two bags of rubbish were left outside my house with a note delivered quoting the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and informing me that only rubbish in the black bin will be collected. Several other households had their bags left behind also. I have emailed Stockport Council for advice on what to do with the remaining rubbish and why a family of five is issued with the same size bin as a single person living alone?

I wonder how long it will be before we see an increase in fly tipping in Marple as people find themselves with all this rubbish to dispose of?

Miss Marple

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:51:06 PM »
My friend e-mailed the council because she was concerned that her bin would not be capable of taking all the amount of bottles and cans as it was already full and had two weeks to gol before it was emptied.  My friend asked if she could leave the tins and glass that wouldnt fit in at the side of the bin in the old small black tub that we used to use before the brown bin  .  The council returned her e-mail within the hour and instead of increasing the bin emptying days, or allowing the small black container to put the addidtion glass and tins in.  They  issued her with another large brown bin !!!!   Now am I missing something about saving the planet? Its that I just don't get it because how can it not be better to use/recycle  the old black tub rather than issue another large brown one.   :-\

Barbara

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »
Sounds as if you need to jump up and down a bit more on the plastic bottles and the cans!  Cheers  ;D

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 10:17:39 AM »
Just back to the bins for a moment, our glass/plastic bin is almost full and it's another 2 weeks before it gets emptied. OK, a good party last weekend contributed somewhat but with 2 milk guzzlers, a healthy intake of squash and bottled water plus the odd cheeky Red Wine when the boss isn't looking, I can't see the bin coping with 4 weeks worth in a typical month for us.

My household has been merrily recycling garden waste, paper / board, and glass / plastic under the old scheme and never put out more than 1/2 a bag of landfill waste a week in the old blue bags. Now with the glass and plastic bin only being picked up once a month as opposed to once a fortnight, I can see my landfill waste increase as I resort to putting the surplus glass and plastic into the fortnightly landfill collection.

Such as waste - come on SMBC, return the glass/plastic to it's former frequency.

(And before suggesting I load the excess into the back of my car and drive to the nearest open landfill (Torkington?) or bottle bank (Co-op) with a cold engine, idling to queue to get in and drive straight back, I'm remain to be convinced that the environmental impact of my solo journey outweighs the environmental benefits of recycling).

RH.

amazon

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 08:55:34 PM »
Stop posting about your break in burglars read posts like yours .have a radio alarm fitted if you can afford it. that's con neckted to station .they wont know its going . i hope it wont happen again very distressing
Oh I am ready for their return :o I have Stocked up with BB Guns from the pound shop on Market St, so after I have used them for Target practice  I intend to nail them to the fencing around Seventeen Window's :O I always knew that fencing would prove useful much more scary than the stocks in the Memorial Park :D

Like  it nice sense of Humor . KEEP POSTING .

Miss Marple

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »
Stop posting about your break in burglars read posts like yours .have a radio alarm fitted if you can afford it. that's con neckted to station .they wont know its going . i hope it wont happen again very distressing
Oh I am ready for their return  :o I have Stocked up with BB Guns from the pound shop on Market St, so after I have used them for targat practice   I intend to nail them to the fencing around Seventeen Windows  :o  I always knew that fencing would prove useful much more scary than the stocks in the Memorial Park  :D

amazon

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »
Had My Black bin emptied last night and a green caddy for outside Delivered today . so will see how long it lasts outside when i put it out monday .be fore it gets pinched .

Taurus

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 08:48:35 AM »
Blue bin not collected on 1st or 15th Nov

amazon

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 09:06:40 PM »

Miss Marple

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 12:09:38 AM »
My bins provided my house burglars with a very useful 'leg up' onto my garage roof and the  perfect aid in getting over my high back wall with all the booty from my house.   >:( Bring back the black bags!!! )

Howard

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »
All been perfect here. Each bin collected on the right day with no issues although we haven't had a collection for the the brown so far.

amazon

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:35 PM »
My Black bin not emptied  again this week after being told to put out  so far not had any food waste
taken away .impossible to ring them phones are jammed [ we dont have anygreen bins ]of any sort

What a shambles . 

Deniseam

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 06:18:48 PM »
Ooops forgot to put all three bins out today....still not used to the change of day yet. 

Pleasantly surprised about the lack of smell from the little green caddy. 

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »
its frustrating that the black bin is smaller than the other bins.. i know we should have less rubbish.. but they dont really hold much/enough

amazon

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »
We Still dont     have the green caddy to put outside nor do we have a garden one .instructions from smbc put it in the black bin still not had my food moved yet they     left the black bin last week told to put out this week we will see .