Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Pot Holes  (Read 1954 times)

CTCREP

Re: Pot Holes
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
Since my previous message the App has now appeared for Macs but you must create an Apple Account and Log In otherwise you won't see it.

CTCREP

Re: Pot Holes
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:10:36 PM »
Further to my previous message, I now realise you need an Intel based Mac in order to access the app. It won't appear on older Macs.

CTCREP

Pot Holes
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:04:31 PM »
Reporting Pot Holes can be a bit cumbersome. You need to know whose authority is responsible and you are often asked for a house number which is difficult if there are no houses in the vicinity.

For the last 3 years, the CTC (Cyclists Touring Club) has had a Web Site called Fill That Hole through which you can report a Pot Hole and be sure it goes to the correct authority. They have now gone one better and in conjunction with another company have created an iPhone app available through iTunes to make reporting even easier.
At present it is only for Windows users but presumably a Mac version will not be long.

The iPhone itself incorporates a camera, a global positioning system (GPS) sensor, and a large screen as well as a
digital phone. This allows the user to fill in a report on the spot, look up the location on the iPhone's map automatically using the GPS, add a photo, and send it off there and then.

I guess the old fashioned telephone still works if there is someone in the office to take your call.