A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: New shop at Rose Hill  (Read 93696 times)

Miss Marple

Re: New shop at Rose Hill
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2011, 01:28:39 PM »
Well said I could not agree more as two shops trading against each other is healthy and is whats called competitive which benefits the consumer! Don't you think ?

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2011, 11:48:52 AM »
It's good to know that you are supporting all local business!
In effect what ever the outcome of all this is, local people will not have consumer choice , which must be of concern to people like yourselves who strive for business opportunities and the like.
So if Premier closes and then say for example, the shop reopens as a Tesco express or a small grocery shop selling similar items do you think this would rectify the matter.

We absolutely support all local business - we firmly beleive that a thriving economic centre is vitally important to Marple's future.

Consumer choice and competition between businesses is important and I can think of few towns that better demonstrate this than Marple:
2 independant greengrocers that compete with each other and thrive
2 independant butchers that compete with each other and thrive
A number of independant deli's & cafe's that compete with each other and thrive
Not to mention any number of hairdressers, takeaways, gift shops, stationery suppliers, printers etc

If another grocery store was to open in the current Premier unit, why wouldn't consumers have choice?  They could still choose between the Spar or the other grocery store.

We feel that the issues raised by the current situation in Rose Hill isn't one of consumer choice, but of how the game is played.  The rules and regulations are there to ensure a fair playing field for any business.  If Premier are breaking the rules (which will be decided by the ongoing investigations) then they should be penalised for that; not for simply being in competition with another business.

Miss Marple

« Reply #177 on: July 04, 2011, 11:15:07 AM »
And also that Marple business forum takes note of what's going on

The Marple Busines Forum have noted the current situation in Rose Hill and are monitoring what is happening. However, we feel it is not our place to pass comment or get involved.

As a body we work towards inproving and promoting Marple & surrounding areas for the benefit of everyone who lives, works & shops here.  We do not get involved in the internal matters of businesses.

Having said that, we do not condone any business breaking legal Sales Restrictions of any kind and trust the ongoing investigations will reach an appropriate decision
As a local businessman myself, I feel for Mel and the stress this situation must be placing on him and his
family.  I hope for a swift conclusion as this kind of situation doesn't do either business, Rose Hill or the wider area any good at all.
. It's good to know that you are supporting all local business !  So if Premier closes (which i hope it does if found guilty )and. Then say for example, the shop reopens as a Tesco express or a small grocery shop selling similar items do you think this would rectify the matter.  No! Didn't think so, so in effect what ever the outcome of all this is, local people will not have consumer choice , which must be of concern to people like yourselves who strive for business opportunities and the like.

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #176 on: July 04, 2011, 09:05:17 AM »
And also that Marple business forum takes note of what's going on

The Marple Busines Forum have noted the current situation in Rose Hill and are monitoring what is happening.  However, we feel it is not our place to pass comment or get involved.

As a body we work towards inproving and promoting Marple & surrounding areas for the benefit of everyone who lives, works & shops here.  We do not get involved in the internal matters of businesses.

Having said that, we do not condone any business breaking legal Sales Restrictions of any kind and trust the ongoing investigations will reach an appropiate decision.

As a local businessman myself, I feel for Mel and the stress this situation must be placing on him and his family.  I hope for a swift conclusion as this kind of situation doesn't do either business, Rose Hill or the wider area any good at all.

Miss Marple

« Reply #175 on: July 04, 2011, 12:59:16 AM »
Awh! Even after two sloe gins I still think that was  nasty Pink Panther!  How do you know I haven't got a business ?  Well truth be told I haven't but I am thinking about getting into this new fangled  thing called Equal Opportunities / Equal Rights !  Now don't shoot the messenger but people in 'Big City' think it's the way forward.
Now seriously !  If the illegal immigrants have returned back to Pakistan and the shop is no longer involved in exploitation of children and they get the booze license taken off them ! Why oh Why is it wrong for me to continue to get my Werthers Originals and fiery jack from them! Therefore being able to exercise my freedom of choice in a democratic country ? Have I missed something here is there more to this post than meets the eye ?? :-\

rosehillstores

« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
thank you pink panther and everybody else who has supported us,Can i ask you all again stick to facts.i would not dream of posting gossip about anyone on here, how would you feel?please dont do it.UNSURE ask me! i will always give you an honest answer if you dont ask dont post simple.

rosehillstores

« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2011, 10:57:02 PM »
marpudlian i did correct myself but you should make sure what youre posting is correct ask me!and miss marple we have lived here for three years, we are locals all of our staff are locals. the staff that premier where employing are now back in pakistan they where illegal workers .since they opened they have served children with cigarettes and alcohol they have been giving children credit.they also alowed children to play truant in the shop i have also heard other things from parents which will come to light i cannot believe anybody would support any business like that i certainly wouldnt are my moral standards too high?                                                                                                                                                        

Rachael

« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2011, 10:40:10 PM »
Miss Marple wrote:
The way I see this is that both shops are not run by local people

Mel and his family live above the SPAR shop. Doesn't that make them local people? Miss Marple, how long do they have to live in Marple to qualify?

and hey lets not split hairs !!  You know what I am saying, and maybe the Premier staff would all love to live in Marple but sadly may not be able to afford too.  But that's not the point is it ?  I thought the point was Freedom of choice as to where to spend money and the right to do so unrestricted ? I also think that both shops should pay for their advertising on this site. And also that Marple business forum takes note of what's going on

Your post before this was quite rational, but this one is ridiculous   ... you want them to pay for the advertising on this site, gawd, if you were a business Miss Marple  ,  .... for the advertising you might have accumulated,  you would be quids down !!!

To me, Mel and his family live in Marple,  their child attends the local school, he employs local people , and many not connected to his family what so ever , the previous posters question was quite reasonable .... what does make you qualify for local  ?

He is fighting for his family, for his right to be settled, I know if it was me and my husband,  I don't know if I could be so strong, the pressure on him and his family must be unbearable  and I would not want to be in his shoes .

I say good luck to him, and good for him !!  many people would have buckled under the pressure ,  and I don't care if it costs me more to shop next door , I simply wont do it, and neither will plenty of others I know .

He isn't rude when he speaks to people,  there isn't one post on this whole thread that says he is, he simply tells people how it is ... and if I was running a business with the problems he might face, I would do exactly the same .

I'm not posting on this thread again, Ive said all I want to say, and Mel and his family have the support of a big Pink Panther family in Marple  .

Miss Marple

« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2011, 07:56:01 PM »
Miss Marple wrote:

Mel and his family live above the SPAR shop. Doesn't that make them local people? Miss Marple, how long do they have to live in Marple to qualify?

and hey lets not split hairs !!  You know what I am saying, and maybe the Premier staff would all love to live in Marple but sadly may not be able to afford too.  But that's not the point is it ?  I thought the point was Freedom of choice as to where to spend money and the right to do so unrestricted ? I also think that both shops should pay for their advertising on this site. And also that Marple business forum takes note of what's going on

Miss Marple

« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2011, 07:44:22 PM »
Miss Marple wrote:

I think it's 30 years ! 

marveld

« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2011, 07:24:58 PM »
Miss Marple wrote:

marpudlian

« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2011, 06:40:54 PM »
Justify shopping at Premier !  What do you mean Rosehill Stores ?  I choose to buy some items from Iceland because they are cheaper than the COOP and I would challenge the majority of people who say that they would choose to pay more for items if they could get them at a cheaper price at a different shop.  The way I see this is that both shops are not run by local people, both employ staff who possibly have families to support, both are in business to make a profit and both at present have the right to trade independently.   I shop at both shops,purchasing what's the best deal because that's whats called consumer choice.   If  either of the two shops cease trading I will have to be consumer savvy somewhere else.  I work hard for my money so I would take exception to anyone being disapproving of me or mine shopping at either of the shops.  So a word to both shops the first time I am challenged for having the right to spend my hard earned money where I choose  I can assure you it would be the last.  And I would say to anyone who feels intimidated or uncomfortable at shopping at their shop of choice to challenge the Staff of Premier or Spar because it is totally unacceptable.  Both shops are in this to make money so they should both understand that well known saying  "the customer is always right" if they don't they will soon be out of business

An excellent post Miss Marple, I have largely the same opinion.  :)

Miss Marple

« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2011, 06:35:39 PM »
Justify shopping at Premier !  What do you mean Rosehill Stores ?  I choose to buy some items from Iceland because they are cheaper than the COOP and I would challenge the majority of people who say that they would choose to pay more for items if they could get them at a cheaper price at a different shop.  The way I see this is that both shops are not run by local people, both employ staff who possibly have families to support, both are in business to make a profit and both at present have the right to trade independently.   I shop at both shops,purchasing what's the best deal because that's whats called consumer choice.   If  either of the two shops cease trading I will have to be consumer savvy somewhere else.  I work hard for my money so I would take exception to anyone being disapproving of me or mine shopping at either of the shops.  So a word to both shops the first time I am challenged for having the right to spend my hard earned money where I choose  I can assure you it would be the last.  And I would say to anyone who feels intimidated or uncomfortable at shopping at their shop of choice to challenge the Staff of Premier or Spar because it is totally unacceptable.  Both shops are in this to make money so they should both understand that well known saying  "the customer is always right" if they don't they will soon be out of business

marpudlian

« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2011, 06:35:21 PM »
sorry ive only named marpudlian in my reply forgot to include marplex hard to distinguish. both sound like they have something to do with premier

I was surprised to hear you thought I was something to do with Premier, unlike Marplex, i have posted on a wide variety of topics on this forum.

If you look back at my posts on this particular topic, you will see I have tried to not take sides. I even said it was ironic that Premier says that Spar was in the wrong to limit the number of school kids to enter the shop, yet they now do the same thing themselves.

And I stated the other day that I had seen the license review notices outside Spar and on a lamp post, which you said was a lie. I didn't say who had put them up.

I have spoken to you many times over the last year or so, and also to the staff in Premier. I can see things from both points of view. As I said in my post on 18th May, both shops need to accept business is business and there will always be competition.

rosehillstores

« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2011, 12:58:23 PM »
sorry ive only named marpudlian in my reply forgot to include marplex hard to distinguish. both sound like they have something to do with premier