Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Re: Forthcoming Elections-Discussion forum?  (Read 20419 times)

OliverJohnstone

Re: Forthcoming Elections-Discussion forum?
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2010, 10:20:25 PM »
Thanks for your support, Alan.

You are right in what you say, the Conservative campaign strategy and resources are vastly inferior to that of the Liberal Democrats and simply put my party cannot go on as we are. Campaigns cannot be fought and won on purely policy and ideas - it requires a strong campaign aswell. I believe my opponent next year is Cllr Baker in Marple South.

Yes Marple is one of our affiliated clubs and we do use it as a base.

alan@marple

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2010, 02:50:13 PM »
Mr Johnstone, I am sorry you did not get in, perhaps next time you will challenge that Councillor Candler. Why not get a real strong team going at the Conservative Club in Marple and by the way was that club your operations centre?

I did not vote for Councillor Ingham, but I am satisfied that she will represent her electorate with integrity and probity befitting the trust placed upon her.

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
It is very difficult for the parties to get round to see people. We have to fight elections every year and have an extreme shortage of volunteers. A lot of people think we don't care but the simple fact of the matter is we cannot see everyone due to lack of active people. Anybody can come and chat with me at our office or I shall pay them a visit on request, however.

Taurus

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »
good. in all the years ive lived in marple none of the parties has visited my part of marple. and i've lived here since the 1930's! so i do wonder if they only target certain parts. socioeconomics should not come into it, everyone is equally important. i'm going to inform the local parties about this.

Jo Scarlett

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »
I had a visit from Sue Ingham a couple of weeks ago - I'm on Woodville Dr., so she was covering more than the well to do area's!

Taurus

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2010, 01:21:37 PM »
its referring to my post about conservative being in marple a week before election
i didn't see lib dems once but i did hear they were visiting houses around winnington road area. obviously concentrating on the more well to do areas of marple.

Miss Marple

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
A Week Before ,WOW . 
Hi Amazon is this a reply to by post if it is I do not understand what you mean ??? but there again I am not very quick on the uptake so can you explain  ??? Cheers  :-\

amazon

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2010, 12:21:11 PM »
A Week Before ,WOW .

Miss Marple

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2010, 11:22:16 AM »
A better bet than the mess we have been left with, would have been to put Screaming Lord Sutch in Number 10  :D  Pity he passed away sometime ago.  He couldn't have done a worse job of running the government than whats currently on offer  ???  If the same mishaps would have happened for example in Afghanistan IE not everyone having opportunity to vote or not enough ballot papers. There would have been an outcry with people shouting THATS NOT DEMOCRATIC !!! Surprise suprise I have not heard that yet from any of the major politicians, all we have heard is about a coalition. This does not address the issues that the politicians were voted in for especially in this election IE missuse of benefits, immigration unemployment and the debit crisis. OH! on second thoughts this blip may now allow all the three parties more time to deceive us even more about their commitments for bringing about change.  

Taurus

« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2010, 09:42:51 AM »
There was a 2.4% swing from Lib Dem to Conservative though. Annersley Abercorn was in Marple about a week before the election and I heard the promotional Conservative car driving around at 8.45pm on Thursday night.

I don't like this hung parliament one bit. It doesn't feel democratic at all when the British public gave Conservative the most seats and we could end up back with Labour. I wouldn't want to be a Lib Dem MP right now. If they support Clegg to join with Labour, it's good for them because they have a lot in common BUT they will peeve off the majority who voted Conservative. Lib Dem are hostile towards Conservative and do not share a lot in common so they will be sceptical to join forces. I see a re-election coming.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2010, 09:51:34 PM »
and they have a lot more money to spend......

amazon

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2010, 09:40:28 PM »
you have just answered my question . you find it difficult to keep up with the lib Dem's . That's why they are top . they work hard for people .       

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »
I am sorry you feel that way because we do actually distribute literature all year round in the area. The problem is, due to resources we have found it difficult to keep up with the Liberal Democrats. However, if that is the way you see it then I shall make a special effort to be more visible in the coming year with my activities.

amazon

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »
Congratulations to Councillor Ingham on a solid victory!

Many thanks to all those who voted for me and supported our campaign.

see you at the next general election .Because that's the only time we see the Tories round hear   

amazon

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
And Well done Andrew stunell .