To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Suspicious cold callers  (Read 2339 times)

Victor M

Re: Suspicious cold callers
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:54:51 AM »
Yes I also got a visit on Friday evening, I had noticed a mini bus in the area which was first dropping people off and then later seen picking the whole group up from the corner of Arkwright Road. These groups often work the Marple area (about every 6 months) and are usually operated by a gang master out of Liverpool. They usually have some story about being on a job creation programme. Please be aware that anything they sell goes straight to the gang master, if you do feel sorry for them give them a small amount of cash. At least that way they may be able to keep it.

alan@marple

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:22:43 AM »
Hello Amazon,

Yes, I forgot to mention it.

I rang the police straight away, I received a visit from an officer about an hour later!

amazon

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 09:39:52 PM »
Did You Inform the police . [ Bet you didnt ]  they like to know about these people your not wasting there time .

alan@marple

Suspicious cold callers
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:03:23 PM »
Yesterday afternoon two men were in the Church St area going door to door selling small goods.

One carried a tatty looking coloured card with a photo stuck on it it looked like they were up to a scam.

No1 5.7", slim, Ginger Hair and un shaven face, spotty complexion, with a Gordy Accent
Wearing a red parka type top and carrying a blue holdall.

The other I only saw from the rear 5.7" wearing a black "hoody" coat and carrying a large black Holdall.

I asked my caller for some form of local authority house to house callers certificate ( a hawkers licence?) but he had no idea what I was talking about.

Just as well to be aware and on guard1