All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Treetops Preschool to close  (Read 6431 times)

jet

Re: Treetops Preschool to close
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 07:27:49 AM »
There may be an answer to the TreeTops predicament .
The Park keepers Cottage on Station Road.
The Brass Bands of Marple are at present negotiating with the SMBC to restore, and to extend the Cottage to a rehearsal facility for the Marple Band and the Hawk Green Band.
The bands would only use the Cottage in the evenings and weekends,this would enable another Organization to use the facilities during the day.

jlisl

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 09:19:03 PM »
Great news about a possible new location for Treetops. I hope you find somewhere as Treetops has established a great name in Marple over the years...many of my friends children have attended and been really happy there... and pre-school childcare in the Marple area is limited.

My child also attends the Dale Pre-School at Walton Drive owned by Marple Childcare Co. This was the best choice for me as I have another child at the school. It seems to be really thriving, as it caters for working parents like me, but is a cheaper and more convenient alternative to private nursery. We have been more than happy with the care and early years education that our children have received here. I like it in particular because it offers flexible care from 8 til' 6.

pjarvis98

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 07:21:12 PM »
Thank you Lisa  ;D

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »
my children are all finally thank goodness in full time education however have posted your link to all my friends :)

pjarvis98

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=325470032297&ref=nf

There is now a facebook group to save marple playgroups, there is discussion from all the preschool/playgroups in the area on how the council plan to keep the provision available to parents.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 01:05:26 PM »
That's good news Miss Marple  :)

back to rosehill provision for a tic though.  as far as i understand.. the Nursery.. which is staying and caters for just preschool children is attached to school/council and therefore in the plans
The playgroup/preschool that caters from 2.5 yrs is a private group that pays rent to the school for the classroom it uses so in other words wouldn't necessarily be in the plans for the new school as its a private arrangement between the school and the group.

Many people get very confused and don't realise there are 2 groups at Rosehill and they are completely different organisations.

Miss Marple

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 12:39:46 AM »
Looks like Tree Tops Preschool may have found an alternative at St Pauls Church in Compstall.  The Vicar apparently is eager for the room, which used to be a school to be used by preschool children.  What a fantastic location it would be with its large car park, secluded grounds and ideally located not far from Ludworth School

Rachael

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »
I honestly cannot answer your question Pjarvis :( ,  as I do not know , I only read what is in the local press, that is why I wondered if you knew something  that I had missed maybe  .

Jo Scarlett

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 08:27:30 PM »
My children have both attended the privately run pre-school on The Dale (now Rose Hill Infants) School Site.  One of them is still there, they are run by The Marple Childcare Co. Ltd and I would recommend them to anyone.  They are registered to take 44 children from 2.5 - 5yrs.  Their contact number is 0161 427 3686.  Take a look at their web page for more info www.marplechildcarecompany.co.uk

I would echo many of the comments already posted by concerned parents/carers, there seems to be little regard given by SMBC for the provision of nursery/playgroup/pre-school places in the Marple area and if they continue to allow nurseries to be bullied into closing, they are going to have a huge problem on their hands in the future.  Parents must be heard and collectively we do have power.

pjarvis98

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 07:34:20 PM »
Pink Panther it was told to me by parents who are at Rose Hill who said when the new building is built it will only be available for preschool children and not playgroup is this not what is happening? I know at present you have playgroup facilities but was told that it did not feature in the plans for the new building.

Rachael

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »
Admin, I can confirm that the information that you have about Rose Hill Playgroup is correct , and takes children from 2 yrs, 6 months , the sessional times are correct

If what PJarvis says about Rose Hill playgroup is correct, then I would like to know where she has got his information from please as it would be of great interest to me ?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 12:25:31 PM »
Rosehill will only be having a preschool and no playgroup anymore so only from the sept after their 3rd birthday.

Rosehill asked me to update their entry on the Childrens Page on the main site just a few days ago to this:

Playgroup & pre school run in a classroom of Rose Hill school, for children from 2 yrs 6 months until school entry age. Children can be accommodated full days in some instances and sessions can be mix and matched.

Is the information they gave me not correct?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

pjarvis98

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 11:49:54 AM »
Rosehill will only be having a preschool and no playgroup anymore so only from the sept after their 3rd birthday.

Treetops has nowhere to move to. Its been in jeopody ever since Glengarth was sold but has had lots of failed promises from stockport council particularly David Mellor. He had put in a bid for them to purchase the building and rent it off the council, along with numerous other schemes but has let them down badly. Its not just the older staff who are a credit to treetops, the majority of the staff who work there have been there since my daughter went to treetops and she is now 9. They have all trained up to NVQ level 3 and above. I haven't heard that the older staff are leaving, and my youngest still attends and is there now. However, if the older staff did leave (namely Anne, Val and Jane) then that is only 3 members of staff and the rest of them would carry on the treetops tradition and values and add to it and enhance it to make it even better (if that is possible!). If you know of somewhere where they could move to I'm sure they would be very grateful to hear it as they have been looking for a number of years now.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 10:27:30 AM »
Rosehill have always catered from 2.5 b4 is the playgroup/preschool run by Judith closing then? ( i know the nursery is staying but that's a separate group)

Treetops has moved b4 so as long as you can find a decent location it can move again however i understood that the group leaders were considering retiring when the group had to close (Marple grapevine so may possibly be complete nonsense!!) and the reputation of treetops relates directly to the fact the long term staff are so good.

pjarvis98

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:32:48 PM »
Marple itself though only will have All Saints for playgroup provision as Rose Hill will only be doing pre-school. Where will all the 2 1/2 year olds go in Marple???

There is a Meeting at Treetops, behind Glengarth building on Station road Wednesday 24th February at 8pm if anyone would like to come to discuss the situation.