Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Fun Fair in Brabyns Park  (Read 5178 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: Fun Fair in Brabyns Park
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 10:21:06 PM »
I understand that over the last few years theres been quite a bit of trouble from visiting youngsters in the evenings so expect thats why the bouncers are there... the fencing there to try and control those nuisances coming in from every direction and escaping same way too...
So I m considering it a way that the fair is trying to clean up its act and make the fair a safer place.

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 09:55:23 PM »
Its not Brabyns that you have to pay to get in, its the rides that are all fenced off and two security guards dressed like pub bouncers taking the money.  Its just another way of making money by the fair ground people but I think that it may just back fire on them as the rides are quite expensive to start with especially if you have a couple of children with you  :-\

tina

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 11:58:56 PM »
I remember that on carnival day they used to charge to get into Brabyn's.... never known it on an evening though! I wont be going down then as I don't even go on the rides, I just go along with my children and watch them.

Miss Marple

Fun Fair in Brabyns Park
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:39:21 PM »
Can anyone tell me when the Fun Fair started charging for entry  ??? I have just been down with my grand children and friends  and was shocked at having to pay £1.00 per person  entry but not as shocked as seeing two security men dressed in black padded jackets and huge boots taking the money.  I have not been to the fair for several years so was not aware of the charging policy.  Stockport Council need to have a rethink and it needs  stopping.  As a child the fair coming to the village was a real high and even if you didn't have money you could just be part of the sights and sounds of the fair by just walking round.  How sad to see how clinical the fair has become and how sad it was to see children standing looking through the fences.  It cost  me £11.00 tonight and that was just to get into the fair.  Does anyone know when the charging policy started ???