Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207055 times)

alfred

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 07:57:26 PM »
Does any one know what is being built at Seventeen Windows Dan Bank?

Neil Smith

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »
I like it, at least the person who has the house is making use of it!!  It's better than not being used. I would have done the same if it was my house, Land scape it and make a drive.  ::)
Think of it this way how would you like it if someone started a forum on your house saying that they don't like what you have spent lots on.  >:(
WHO EVER HAS 17 WINDOWS GOOD FOR YOU, CARRY ON, YOU ARE DOING AN EXCILANT JOB!! ;D

100% agree with you TT. All the people on this page are saying what an eyesore it is now, lets not cast the vote until the owner has finished. Is it not better than a run down hole falling apart at the seams, lets not forget this is what happened to Marple Hall now look at what it is LOST FOR EVER.

twinkletoes

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 12:41:20 PM »
I like it, at least the person who has the house is making use of it!!  It's better than not being used. I would have done the same if it was my house, Land scape it and make a drive.  ::)
Think of it this way how would you like it if someone started a forum on your house saying that they don't like what you have spent lots on.  >:(
WHO EVER HAS 17 WINDOWS GOOD FOR YOU, CARRY ON, YOU ARE DOING AN EXCILANT JOB!! ;D

wolfman

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 01:50:41 PM »
Whatever it is it has certainly changed the whole vista. Not necessarily for the better.

Rachael

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
I assumed it was going to be a drive way too, because access to and from  the house is an absolute nightmare ( according to the estate agents when it was up for sale last time )

I dont think it looks too bad, but its what we know about it, I know when them huuuuge staples went in the front of it , the back of it falling down etc  it seems to have been an endless money pit

My youngest is glad its been done up, he was convinced a witch lived there , in his words it was really spooky !

Peter

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 06:21:26 PM »
I believe that the work in progress is to provide a driveway for the existing house. Because of the position on the bend he has to have a drive through type of affair to overcome the visibilty problem. Because of retaining walls etc it has to have piles driven into the ground, expensive but it seems that this isn't a problem.

Jay

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 09:43:33 PM »
I honestly thought that it was work being done to reduce the bottle neck coming in to marple from Offerton where the traffic going stright on up to Marple use to stop the left turning traffic towards Bredbury. Obviously I was mistaken! But I do aggree with everyone about the whole area looking rather sad for it's self these days  :-\

jcc

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 11:49:20 PM »
It is interesting that Seventeen Windows is described by the council as a building of Local Interest. Everyone I have spoken to is shocked at the monstrosity it has become and everyone in the Stockport Planning department should be deeply ashamed of the changes they have approved. If someone wanted a modern interpretation of an old house, why didn't they just build a new one?

alan@marple

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »
DC/027240

That was the last application I have found in Autumn 2007 for a side extention

Victor M

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »
By looking at the pile driver and metal strengthening rods looks like it could be the foundations being laid for a second building. Unfortunately the planning application would be lodged against Offerton and not Marple. Anyone any contacts to find out if any applications have been made?

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
Whatever it is, it is pretty substantial judging by the quantity of steel reinforcement waiting to be put in. However, let's not jump to conclusions, it could all be attractive once it is finished.  Shudder to think what cost is involved, though!!

wolfman

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 11:19:30 AM »
It looks like some sort of retaining wall is being built?

sooty2

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 08:53:05 AM »
I know the 17 windows work and the dan Bank tree felling are not connected.Its just that the natural beauty of the area has changed for the worse, I thought  planning consent was put in place to to protect buildings and their surroundings. wonder what happened in this case then?

nbt

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 08:14:57 AM »
I think the work at 17 windows is entirely unrelated to the work on Dan Bank - I would have guessed that the work at 17 windows is simply the new owners rebuilding the garden
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

moonforest

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:36:08 AM »
You have taken the words right off my keyboard, sooty2!! It's just awful to see what's happening there.
 :(