Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207021 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #511 on: January 28, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »
There was no negotiation. SMBC told me what they wanted and I told them what I wanted in return. No money exchanged.
Sorry to dampen your fire Miss Marple but there were no dodgy dealings
Well I for one is happy if that's the case !  I have spoken in depth to Ken Harrop SMBC who told me that you did receive money so i am confused now  ??? But I would prefere to await the findings  :-X

Oldhand

« Reply #510 on: January 28, 2011, 03:50:19 PM »
There was no negotiation. SMBC told me what they wanted and I told them what I wanted in return. No money exchanged.
Sorry to dampen your fire Miss Marple but there were no dodgy dealings

sooty2

« Reply #509 on: January 28, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
Post by Admin
If you really wanted to stir things up you might want to think about this comment. When Sooty2 first made it I thought "don't be daft, that can't be right!" but I spoke to someone last night with information to suggest that it is absolutely correct. I was told that the council are paying for ALL the landscape works as part of the pavement widening scheme. That would seem to be a bit of impressive negotiation for a thin strip of land :o  
[/quote]

This was not Tittle tattle it is happening now!

Duke Fame

« Reply #508 on: January 28, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »
I'm not sure if we really need a declaration of interest in every post. It’s nice to hear from someone with a differing view. I think in part, that is why I’ve been so popular since joining the forum.

I can’t say I agree with a European waste of money any more than I agree with a Stockport council waste of money, it all comes out of our pocket. I’ve not noticed an increase in kids walking to school, I think we have to accept that parents have become far too soft on their kids in molly coddling them, driving them to school. It really does cause terrible congestion and kids are becoming horribly fat.

I so think, however, if the council wanted to take Oldhand’s land off him, he’s quite right to force a good deal for himself and it seems to get an improved pavement for kids.

I’m not sure how it works but for those of you who have children, maybe you should have a little collection and buy Oldhand a gift of thanks.

Barbara

« Reply #507 on: January 28, 2011, 09:02:54 AM »
Hear, hear!!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #506 on: January 28, 2011, 07:08:51 AM »
Before this goes any further "Oldhand" I think I should clarify that when registering for the forum you told me that YOU are the owner of 17 Windows. Having told me that I would expect you to make that clear to everyone yourself. If you are the owner then you should be in a position to clarify a lot of facts figures and present the case from your view but you certainly haven't done that with your first post.

I'm beginning to despair with this topic and others discussing serious issues that descend into 90% tittle-tat and sniping at each other without adding any value to the debate. Is it too much to ask to ask for people to express their opinions and views and to respect each others views and opinions without insulting each other? Perhaps not but I am am starting to find it all rather tedious and I'm considering locking this topic and maybe even taking it off line.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Oldhand

« Reply #505 on: January 28, 2011, 04:47:27 AM »
A little info you might like to know.
I have been told that the majority of the funding for works at 17w came from a European grant/fund to encourage children to walk to and from school safely. This certainly wasn't the case before, kids were dodgeing cars crossing the road and the footpath on the bend was very narrow.
I wonder what some of you might be saying if the work had NOT been done and some poor kid had been run over?
It seems fairly obvious to me that the new junction is vast improvement and instead of whineing about monies spent we should be thanking SMBC and mr17

Dave

« Reply #504 on: January 22, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »
Thanks Rudolph - that's very kind. I must admit I was aware of this milestone, although I found myself half thinking '500 posts - why don't you get a life!' ;-)

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #503 on: January 22, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »
A touch belatedly but perhaps we can all take a moment to congratulate Dave from recently achieving Hero Status (over 500 posts). This will have been achieved in no small part by this thread (I just hope Miss Marple and Blessedly Silent don't try and emulate his feat).

Dave, I salute you :)

sooty2

« Reply #502 on: January 22, 2011, 12:20:04 PM »
Dave, The post belongs to BH, I know nothing about her information. As far as I know the case is still ongoing.BH pops up now and again, 3 times I think? and has not said where the info' came from.

Dave

« Reply #501 on: January 22, 2011, 07:31:13 AM »
Perhaps Blessedly Silent, who started this thread a long time ago, could put it out of its misery if she could clarify her message from Beverly Hills:is the Ombudsman's investigation now completed, and was the complaint indeed rejected?

Miss Marple

« Reply #500 on: January 21, 2011, 06:44:54 PM »
It should have never have been allowed to have happened without proper consultation with all intrested parties.  The hope is that the investigations will ensure that it does not happen again and more control and responsibility is given to accountability of the council coffers  >:(  especially when some of it is my hard earned monies  >:(

Duke Fame

« Reply #499 on: January 21, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »
I'm getting even more confused now  :o  I thought we already had the outcome of the LGO investigation: 
I feel compelled to write about the results of the complaints made to The Local Government Ombudsmen and in particular the Council Complaints Officer. To reject a complaint made about a Councils inappropriate pending of public funds on the basis that the Council approved the spend is a nonsense. 
That was  an investigation at Local Level the case has been passed over to a higher level of investigation supported by Andrew Stunall and other concerned councillors from the Offerton area committee.  Everthing has to be investigated first at local level, which is a bit of a nonsense really, because its local government investigating themselves.  A few local constituents have demanded it be taken to the financial Ombudsmen in big city  :o

The trouble is, once you've had a further investigation, it's goin g to cost even more money thatn hte cost of a bit of gardening. It's all coming out of our pockets at the end.

Dave

« Reply #498 on: January 20, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
Well Blessedly/Beverley describes it as 'the result of the complaints made to the Local Government Ombudsman'. That seems clear enough to me.

Miss Marple

« Reply #497 on: January 20, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »
I'm getting even more confused now  :o  I thought we already had the outcome of the LGO investigation: 
I feel compelled to write about the results of the complaints made to The Local Government Ombudsmen and in particular the Council Complaints Officer. To reject a complaint made about a Councils inappropriate pending of public funds on the basis that the Council approved the spend is a nonsense. 
That was  an investigation at Local Level the case has been passed over to a higher level of investigation supported by Andrew Stunall and other concerned councillors from the Offerton area committee.  Everthing has to be investigated first at local level, which is a bit of a nonsense really, because its local government investigating themselves.  A few local constituents have demanded it be taken to the financial Ombudsmen in big city  :o