Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207013 times)

moonforest

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #466 on: January 07, 2011, 09:19:06 PM »
I never look at the gardens - I always seem to be staring the other way up Torkington Road in case there's any 'comings and goings' going on (if you catch my drift.......nudge nudge etc) ;D

Dave, you're not our mystery driver are you? Perhaps you're so distracted by the goings on, going on on Torkington Road that it's you holding all the traffic up!! ;)

Dave

« Reply #465 on: January 07, 2011, 04:32:55 PM »
I never look at the gardens - I always seem to be staring the other way up Torkington Road in case there's any 'comings and goings' going on (if you catch my drift.......nudge nudge etc) ;D

Miss Marple

« Reply #464 on: January 06, 2011, 12:18:13 AM »
It still looks as bad in 2011 !  Well no it doesn't it looks flippin worse !  Have you seen the state of the gardens !!   ???

Miss Marple

« Reply #463 on: October 22, 2010, 11:04:21 PM »
The reduction from 23994 to 23976 must be because of the 18 who have been bored to death by this thread :D
Could I make a suggestion  ???  If you or any other members are  bored by this topic ! don't read or comment on it, I for one enjoy this topic and await the findings  I am sure there are plenty more topics you could comment on  ;)

Dave

« Reply #462 on: October 22, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »
The reduction from 23994 to 23976 must be because of the 18 who have been bored to death by this thread  :D

sooty2

« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2010, 12:09:53 AM »
Dave. so in post 136, 23994 were holding your tongues ;D Not bad for a person who has posted at least 40 times on the subject! :o You certainly know how to fuel a fire.

sooty2

« Reply #460 on: October 21, 2010, 07:19:15 PM »
He obviously does not read the Marple forum to see what the residents of Marple are talking about.

Well Marple has about 24,000 residents, and about six of them have been talking about it on this thread!  The remaining 23,994 of us are holding our tongues and waiting until the work is finished before we make our minds up.   However, I must say I have been quite shocked by some of the things which have been written here about the pavement widening.  The idea that safeguarding the lives of kids walking to Marple Hall School is a 'waste of money' appalls me.   >:(
                                                                                                                                                                 This forum has  316 members not 24000 and approx 130 of them have never posted. I cant be bothered counting how many people have posted on this subject, but its a lot more than six.
Just thought  I'd remind you Dave,  of post 136, you are one of the most active posters  on the Seventeen windows topic. thanks Dave ;)

Dave

« Reply #459 on: October 21, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
Well said Andy.  Marple has a population of about 24,000.  A handful (maybe five or six?) have expressed their dislike of the Seventeen Windows works on this forum, for various reasons.  A few others have joined in and said they like it, or don't care either way.  The remaining 23,976 have remained blessedly silent.  Doesn't sound like 'against public opinion to me! ;)

Tricky

« Reply #458 on: October 21, 2010, 03:50:54 PM »
Spot on Andy
meh

sooty2

« Reply #457 on: October 21, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »
Andy. If your'e so sensible and measured why don't you exercise your right not  to read posts in a topic you find so annoying.You have a choice! Obviously people are interested in the outcome of Seventeen Windows win or lose.Thats why this topic is fast approaching 28000 views.It's easy,Don't view new posts in seventeen windows.

andy+kirsty

« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2010, 02:46:44 PM »
the scale of the work was unnecessary, benefited the developer, was against public opinion and was at a considerable expense to the tax payer

Against public opinion, you don't speak on my behalf.

Just because the more sensible and measured members of the forum don't come on here moaning at every opportunity doesn't mean you are right by omission.

I really can't see any problem with it personally, and I think it is laughable that so many of you are pretending to be our very own public spending watchdog, then fire off numerous complaints /FOI's et al which take considerable time and money to reply to.

I can give you Stunells / local Govt response ' sorry mate, its done now, get over it, there is an election in may vote for someone else'

What are you expecting? Really?

For them to drag it down, reinstate the rotting window frames and weeds, make it totally uninhabitable and then narrow the road and make it harder for children on the way to school to navigate?

Then moan about the cost, how unsightly it is? how someone will get knocked over one day?

Andy

Dave

« Reply #455 on: October 21, 2010, 10:27:56 AM »
No MP, whatever they really think, is ever going to turn round to a constituent and tell them that their complaint is frivolous, because that will just lose them votes.   So they (or rather, the people who write their letters) humour complainants by refererring them to the 'proper channels' while quietly hoping that they will lose interest and go away.   For example:
I have written again to Andrew Stunell for an update around two months ago and I am still awaiting a reply.  I will email again this evening to find out what is happening. 

sooty2

« Reply #454 on: October 20, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »
Andrew Stunnell is involved.So he can't see it as Frivolous or a Vendetta.

Dave

« Reply #453 on: October 20, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »
I wonder whether our esteemed MP Andrew Stunnell had just this kind of thing in mind when he referred here http://www.communities.gov.uk/news/newsroom/1719857
.....to 'frivolous complaints' and  'vendettas' causing taxpayers' money to be wasted?  ;)

sooty2

« Reply #452 on: October 19, 2010, 07:28:01 PM »
Dave, I have been informed by the council in reply to my complaint that seventeen windows is beng investigated by the LGO and are awaiting the outcome.I am also told that they cannot uphold my complaint as the council has made their decisions to approve the scheme and the complaints process cannot intervene on this matter,All seems rather pointless having a complaints procedure >:(

Did you not recieve a letter similar to mine?part of which is included in above quote