Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207023 times)

Dave

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #406 on: September 16, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
Post 202 contains a very informative briefing from Cllr Shan Alexander, but to save you looking it up (it's a long way back!), here is a key excerpt:

•The existing footpath was narrow along the frontage to the property being between 0.9m and 1.2 metres wide placing pedestrians in close proximity to passing traffic.
•The property owner offered to dedicate to the council land on the frontage of the property such that the footpath width could be widened to a maximum of 3.2 metres.

Although it can't really be seen in the above photographs, the footpath is now wider than it used to be (although to my eyes the only bit that looks as much as 3.2 metres wide is on the Marple end of the property)

sgk

« Reply #405 on: September 15, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »
I'm a bit confused.  Looking at the 2 pictures I can't see where the pavement has been widened; it looks the same on both pictures.

Taurus

« Reply #404 on: September 15, 2010, 05:11:33 PM »
Where's the 'injustice' in installing a pedestrian crossing and widening the pavement to make the junction and the walk to school safer for the ever-increasing number of Marple Hall schoolkids?   At a cost (200K) which is not exceptional for this kind of work.  If it saves one life it will have been a bargain! 

maybe people who object to it do not have children who walk to school? I have started walking to Stockport and back so I'm grateful for the widening of the pavement.

Dave

« Reply #403 on: September 15, 2010, 11:54:31 AM »
Lets hope that others on this site see the injustice at such a waste of tax payers monies  ??? 

Where's the 'injustice' in installing a pedestrian crossing and widening the pavement to make the junction and the walk to school safer for the ever-increasing number of Marple Hall schoolkids?   At a cost (200K) which is not exceptional for this kind of work.  If it saves one life it will have been a bargain! 

Miss Marple

« Reply #402 on: September 12, 2010, 11:10:14 PM »
Just noticed that the beautiful, in my opinion,Himalayan Balsam has set up home in the garden of Seventeen windows. Hooray! nature working it's magic to enhance the mess created by man :)

Is there hopefully any chance of it completely covering Seventeen Windows if we give it dose of plant food :-\

sooty2

« Reply #401 on: September 11, 2010, 09:14:43 PM »
Just noticed that the beautiful, in my opinion,Himalayan Balsam has set up home in the garden of Seventeen windows. Hooray! nature working it's magic to enhance the mess created by man :)

Miss Marple

« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »
Well done Sooty 2 !!!  Lets hope that others on this site see the injustice at such a waste of tax payers monies  ???  I have already complained and have also sent another letter to Andrew Stunall to ask where all our elective Representatives were when this application was put before the council area committee. 

sooty2

« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
I have sent my complaint and urge others who feel outraged at the waste of public money to do the same. The whole plan is to widen the footpath all the way to Hill top drive. Can you imagine the costs involved with the purchase of more land? I still can't beleve that councill planners allowed those awful fences to be erected and to make it worse PAID for THEM!!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #398 on: August 23, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Miss Marple has now passed this on to me to share with anyone else who would like to make a formal complaint to the council:

Dear Ms "Marple" (name changed)

Here is the link to the Council website page which advises on the way that residents may contact us with regard to complaints, etc.  It contains a link to the Council complaints Booklet which explains the process, and includes a copy of the complaints form.Alternatively, the form is available on the 'Tell us what you think about our services.'  Please let me know if you need any further information.

Yours sincerely

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/councildemocracy/yourcouncil/complaintsabouservices/corporatecomplaints/contactingus

Ms C Heywood
Information Business Manager
(Directorate Complaints Officer)
Improvement Management Services
Hygarth House
103 Wellington Road South
Stockport
SK1 3TT
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sooty2

« Reply #397 on: August 20, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »
Has this fiasco definately been referred to the Ombudsman.

Yes it has !                  

sooty2

« Reply #396 on: August 20, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
So one of the powers that be has thought the Seventeen Windows saga was worth taking to the  Local Government Financial Ombudsmen. They must think some injustice has been done.I would like to know who it was. Andrew Stunnell has quoted that another constituent has made a complaint a while ago.Lets hope for a favourable outcome!I am pretty sure the current owner will not have to repay the money he has been gifted.But care should be taken when running  fast and loose with other peoples money in the future. Whatever the outcome a great injustice has been done, and will forever attract the wrath of the PEOPLE!!!!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #395 on: August 20, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »
Miss Marple has asked me to post the following response that she has received from Stockport Council after making a formal complaint:

Quote from: Stockport Council via email, 20th August 2010
Dear Ms "Marple" (name changed).

Having read your email, it looks like you are making an official complaint, as you are unhappy that tax payers' money has been used to carry out the work that you consider is unnecessary and has benefited the land owner.

The issues you have raised can be addressed at Stage 1, please could you confirm if you are wishing to make a formal complaint.

The Local Government Ombudsman is still investigating this complaint, and therefore the Council cannot disclose any further information regarding the issues raised, due to reasons of confidentiality (until a final decision has been made).

Yours sincerely

Ms C Heywood
Information Business Manager
(Directorate Complaints Officer)
Improvement Management Services
Hygarth House
103 Wellington Road South
Stockport
SK1 3TT
Tel: 474 4269
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

moonforest

« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2010, 09:46:38 PM »
Thanks for that input SGK. 167k of public money wasted on a landscaped garden. (So called)?What exactly needed stabilising?That wasn't created by man? I know which photo I prefer.

Me too, sooty, and it isn't the "landscaped" one!

Dave

« Reply #393 on: August 19, 2010, 07:37:53 AM »
You don't see many people using the new pedestrian crossing and footpath at the moment, apart from a few kids on their way to Marple Hall. Of course, if/when Offerton High School closes, there could be a whole lot more of them!

sooty2

« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2010, 01:01:51 AM »
Thanks for that input SGK. 167k of public money wasted on a landscaped garden. (So called)?What exactly needed stabilising?That wasn't created by man? I know which photo I prefer.