Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Woman sexually assaulted Marple  (Read 3191 times)

Rachael

Re: Woman sexually assaulted Marple
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »
Has there been any more news on this ?

Susan

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 02:39:47 PM »
This must be linked with your previous post about the tip area on sunday morning (sorry my computer is slow not read all the message before i posted

Jay

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »
woops, didn't realised he'd already posted!  ::)

Jay

Police hunt sex attacker
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 09:19:48 PM »
Not wanting to invade on Wolfmans ground but I just read this and thought it needed posting.

http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/news/s/1096948_police_hunt_sex_attacker

16/ 2/2009

A WOMAN was sexually assaulted on a footpath in Stockport.

The victim was walking along the Middlewood Way path, which leads from Marple Rugby Club to the railway station, at about 3am on Sunday (15 February) when she saw a man stood by a lamppost.

The offender initially asked for a light but then sexually assaulted the victim.

He is described as white and between 50 and 60-years-old.

Police are now appealing to anyone who witnessed the incident or who has information to come forward.

Detectives in Stockport are asking women to be especially vigilant at this time.

Detective Constable Kat Moriarty, from the Stockport Rape Investigation Unit, said: "The predatory nature of this offender means he is someone who needs to be caught and brought to justice as soon as possible. He subjected his victim to a terrifying ordeal that will leave her emotionally scarred for a long time.

"In addition to appealing to anyone who has information about this incident to come forward, I would also ask that the community - particularly women - pay heed to some safety advice at this time.

"I do not want to cause alarm in the community because incidents of this type are very rare, but I would ask that women try to stay in groups when walking late at night, keep to well-lit areas, avoid shortcuts and do not approach anyone they do not recognise."

Anyone with information should call police in Stockport on 0161 856 9680 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Rachael

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:35:55 PM »
My husband and I walked home down this path the early hours of saturday morning, although there is lighting, its still very dark, and the bit near the tip, I dont think a woman ( or anyone ) would stand a chance of alerting someone and get heard  if they  got attacked.

This is terrible :(

tina

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:57:47 PM »
This is awful I hope the poor lady is ok x

wolfman

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:06:22 PM »
I think this may be the Incident at Rose hill tip?

wolfman

Woman sexually assaulted Marple
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:05:43 PM »
A WOMAN was sexually assaulted on a footpath in Stockport.

The victim was walking along the Middlewood Way path, which leads from Marple Rugby Club to the railway station, at about 3am on Sunday (15 February) when she saw a man stood by a lamppost.

The offender initially asked for a light but then sexually assaulted the victim.

He is described as white and between 50 and 60-years-old.

Police are now appealing to anyone who witnessed the incident or who has information to come forward.

Detectives in Stockport are asking women to be especially vigilant at this time.

Detective Constable Kat Moriarty, from the Stockport Rape Investigation Unit, said: "The predatory nature of this offender means he is someone who needs to be caught and brought to justice as soon as possible. He subjected his victim to a terrifying ordeal that will leave her emotionally scarred for a long time.

"In addition to appealing to anyone who has information about this incident to come forward, I would also ask that the community - particularly women - pay heed to some safety advice at this time.

"I do not want to cause alarm in the community because incidents of this type are very rare, but I would ask that women try to stay in groups when walking late at night, keep to well-lit areas, avoid shortcuts and do not approach anyone they do not recognise."

Anyone with information should call police in Stockport on 0161 856 9680 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.