All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Police appeal to trace car used in death of PC.  (Read 1773 times)

wolfman

Police appeal to trace car used in death of PC.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 11:15:35 AM »
Appeal to trace car used in fatal collision (Stockport)

Detectives investigating the death of Police Constable Mike Silcock are trying to trace the movements of the car used to run him over.

PC Silcock was off duty when he was struck by a yellow BMW Three Series coupe on Didsbury Road (A5145), Heaton Mersey shortly after 11.30pm on Friday 6 March 2009.

He was taken to Stepping Hill hospital with a serious head injury, but died a short time later.

Another man, 25, was also taken to Stepping Hill, but his injuries are not life threatening.

A yellow BMW Three series M3 coupe, registration number MM51 VOH, was seen driving away from the scene. The same car was later found burnt out on Burnage Lane.

Detectives are appealing to anyone who may have seen the car being driven around the Stockport and Manchester area between 8pm on Friday 6 March 2009 and 12.15am on Saturday 7 March 2009, to contact them.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Peach, from the Major Incident Team, said: "I am anxious to hear from anyone that may have seen the car we have recovered, which we believe was used in the collision, being driven around before or after Michael's death.

"Not only is it a very distinctive car, I believe it may have been driven erratically, meaning anyone that came across it will remember seeing it.

"I am also keen to hear from any petrol station workers who may remember someone filling it up with fuel.

"PC Silcock was knocked over and left to die and I am determined to catch whoever is responsible."

Four men, 29, 24, 19 and 21 have been arrested on suspicion of murder. All have been bailed pending further inquiries.

Anyone with information should contact 0161 856 8259 or crimestoppers 0800 555 111
from GMP website author not stated