A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Linked Events

• Interment of Warwick Burton's Ashes: January 20, 2016

Author Topic: RIP Warwick Burton 30 November 2015  (Read 5384 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: RIP Warwick Burton 30 November 2015
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 10:03:19 AM »
Railways of Marple and District book migrated to the new web site

Originally published on the Marple Website in 2002, "Railways of Marple and District from 1794" written by the late Warwick Burton, and published with his father Monty, has been migrated to the new Marple Website in January 2019: https://www.marple.website/railways-of-marple-and-district.html

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 07:25:22 PM »
The interment of Warwick's ashes will be at All Saints' Church on Wednesday 20 January at 11.30am. All are welcome.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 06:28:12 AM »
Here is a pdf of the arrangements for Warwick's funeral in York.

If I receive any details of the Marple burial of ashes I will add them here too.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
RIP Warwick Burton 30 November 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 10:24:20 AM »
I'm sad to learn today of the unexpected death of Marple Railway enthusiast Warwick Burton on 30 November.

Warwick was another great supporter of The Marple Website and allowed the book written with his father Monty, The Railways of Marple and District from 1794, to be published on the site way back in 2002, when the Internet was in its relative infancy. The on-line version is still accessible here: http://www.marple-uk.com/railways/

Warwick's support for this year's Marple 150 Festival, celebrating 150 since the railways came to Marple, was immense; including the updating and re-publication of his book, 'The Railways of Marple and District'. He also brought artefacts and documents down for the exhibition in the library and gave an excellent talk. This photo by Arthur Procter was taken during that time:

The funeral, the interment, will be in York Minster at 11am on Wednesday 30 December. Warwick will then be cremated and his ashes brought back to Marple for burial.

I'll add any further information I receive about the arrangements to this thread.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website