Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Coop Boxing day  (Read 7170 times)

Dave

Re: Coop Boxing day
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 06:36:24 PM »
I dropped in for couple of bottles.  It was very quiet.   :)

amazon

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
Did anybody go on boxing day was it busy .

amazon

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 06:35:28 PM »
HARF EMPTY ON A NORMAL DAY THERE .

ITS ALL BEING REMODINISED AFTER CHRISTMAS ..

Dave

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 05:34:41 PM »
    Going rate coop boxing day triple time .ive been told by someone whos working boxing day .9 til 6.

Sounds good to me - where do I sign up?   And the shelves will be half empty so there won't be a lot to sell.   ;D

heather

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 05:32:20 PM »
the way people are shopping at the moment i thought the shops were shut for  2 weeks

amazon

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 04:53:33 PM »
    Going rate coop boxing day triple time .ive been told by someone whos working boxing day .9 til 6.

Dave

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »
You don't have a statutory right to paid leave on bank and public holidays

Indeed.  As we have all agreed, it depends on your contract.   Traditionally, UK employment contracts give time off on public holidays.  Given its history, I would expect the Co-op to be one of the last organisations to give up doing that.   :)

wolfman

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 06:07:49 PM »
You don't have a statutory right to paid leave on bank and public holidays, though many people receive the day off work. Any right to time off or extra pay for working on a bank holiday depends on the terms of your contract of employment.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/LivingintheUK/DG_073741

alison

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
It really depends on the company and the employment contract and when you were employed. For example my employers cannot force me to work bank holidays at present, but in the same organisation some colleagues are call centre staff and they may have to work, but get enhanced rates and I think they get additional holiday.

Most good employers will try and give people the choice where possible despite the contract, but at the end of the day they have to also provide the service that customers demand, and although I personally think the world would not end if the shops were shut from lunchtime on Christmas eve to the 27th, (and overnight for that matter) judging by the number of people that do shop outside these times I am maybe not your average shopper!

It amazes me that we ever survived when the only shops open on Sundays were garden centres and newsagents!

Dave

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »
Correction, some staff HAVE to go,  :-\ they may not have a choice.

I doubt it - it's a public holiday and in most organisations staff contracts include public holiday entitlement.  But if staff want to work it is often at enhanced rates (time and a half or even double time).  Perhaps someone who works at the Co-op can enlighten us?

When I was a student working behind a bar I got treble time for working Christmas Day  ;D   ;D   ;D

eeyore21

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 10:01:44 PM »
m an co is open as well they about the only 2 shops open on boxing day.

Mike V

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 09:25:34 PM »
Correction, some staff HAVE to go,  :-\ they may not have a choice. May be next year they will open Christmas day, that will be handy if you happen if you had forgotten to buy stuffing for your turkey. Never mind Johnny or Jenny staff member enjoying a short Christmas break it would be fantastic news for consumer, I think not !

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 05:27:12 PM »
That's right. Nobody has to go just 'cos they're open do they?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 09:47:20 AM »
FOR All you shopers the coop is open boxing day . it says so on the opening times at christmas .inside . :(

Why  :( ?  Surely we should be  :) ?

amazon

Coop Boxing day
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 08:40:28 PM »
FOR All you shopers the coop is open boxing day . it says so on the opening times at christmas .inside . :(