Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Web cam  (Read 4081 times)

amazon

Re: Web cam
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 08:53:07 PM »
Round the world in eighty webcams another good sight.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:48:30 PM »
if you want to see possible the best webcam in the country go to exmouth webcam . why do we want to see webcam of marple .

Neil Smith

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 06:13:26 PM »
It was the BBC that gave me the idea here www.bbc.co.uk/england/webcams/ I did not expect the web cam for the iron bridge to cost so much, I thought it could be a case of finding a building to a site of interest getting a internet link (£20 a month ish) and electric to power it......knowledge is a great thing  ;D

Howard

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »
The only way to look at a CCTV camera is if you have it linked to the Internet. I'm fairly sure that Stockport MBC doesn't do this for many reasons, though mainly  I suspect that privacy concerns are top of the list.

If you're interested there's a really good article here about finding webcams connected to the Internet:
http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2005/01/09/security-webcam-hunting.html

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:55:56 PM »
I'm not aware if it is possible to tap into existing CCTV cameras, perhaps someone else can tell us that, but I do have experience with the web cam for the iron bridge. That was funded by the Heritage Lottery money and cost several thousand pounds and would be prohibitive purely on a cost basis. That was a security system and was quite high quality. I don't know if there are cheaper ways to do it but we would be happy to link up with any interesting proposals to be able to make this available from the Marple Website.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Neil Smith

Web cam
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 02:05:24 PM »
I don't know how easy it would be, but surfing the web you can find web cams from all over the world (radio BBC2 Steve Wright does a daily one).

How about getting one for one or more sites in Marple, can you link in to the CCTV on market street for example?

Hopefully there are more "techy" people on here to help?