A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Linked Events

• Brabyns Park Firework Display: November 05, 2011

Author Topic: Brabyns Park Bonfire & Fireworks  (Read 23873 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Brabyns Park Bonfire & Fireworks
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 08:48:59 AM »
Hi There

If anyone involved in organising either Brabyns or Hawk Green Bonfires is reading this post (or knows how to contact them) I'd be really grateful if you could let me know.  I have a business in Marple and I would be really interested in having a stall at both events.

Much appreciated

Laura Pedley
07985 901 901
Email: eastcheshire@babysensory.co.uk

Laura, I've passed details of your enquiry on to a contact at the Scouts and I hope they will be in contact with you about the Brabyns one.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

pedleyl

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 02:09:09 PM »
Hi There

If anyone involved in organising either Brabyns or Hawk Green Bonfires is reading this post (or knows how to contact them) I'd be really grateful if you could let me know.  I have a business in Marple and I would be really interested in having a stall at both events.

Much appreciated

Laura Pedley
07985 901 901
Email: eastcheshire@babysensory.co.uk

badger

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »
In defense of Brabyns bonfire, if we could charge then we would.
There's been a bonfire on Hawk Green since Adam was a lad built by local kids and was nearly brought to an end by the council a few years ago because of flytipping, so we formed a committee and thats how the Residents Asso: began. The Green cannot be cordoned off so we can't police any form of ticketing, but the event still has to be paid for and the only way is to collect or have raffles etc: It just about brakes even each year and any monies goes to local charities (this year it is hoped to give to Hawk Green Cricket Club which was badly damaged by fire) We have ours on the 5th so as not to impose on the Brabyns event and perhaps some people can attend both. :)

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 08:31:15 PM »
p.s. I notice my posting is timed at 9.30 - somebody hasn't put the clock right!

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »
The display is always brilliant - we have known it for 30+years, and it is excellent value when compared with the cost of fireworks in shops.  It always attracts a good crowd, and is well worth going to!  And the kids do appreciate the big bangs!! :D :D :D

nbt

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 05:07:13 PM »
I'm not involved, but I imagine the Brabyns disply will be a fundraisr for the scouts. I would also imagine that the disply you mentioend from the paper will be sponsored - someone has to pay for the fireworks and the marshaling, st john's ambulance etc etc
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Neil Smith

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »
Heather, I totally agree with you. I think it goes back to years ago it was a way of funding the scouts and guides of Marple, but not sure about these days, I think £5 for adults and £3 for kids on the gate is a bit steep, It could be a massive money spinner for someone, I hope its not though and it all goes to charity!!!

As brabyns is on a Saturday and not a school night as Hawk Green is I will be taking the family to brabyns  >:(

heather

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
can somebody enlighten me as to why people are charged to get into brabyns park to see the fireworks, when hawk green do it for free,apart from people going round shaking tins which yes i willingly put in there is no charge, i know that people put a lot of time and effort into what allways turns out to be a really good night, so how can it be justified to charge for brabyns park, even a display advertised in the sunday mirror for a display in salford by star fireworks, the northen heat winners in the British firework championship  is free. i know where i will be going with my  daughter and grandsons  up the mountain to hawk green ( their words not mine)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Brabyns Park Bonfire & Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:20:29 PM »
Marple Scouts and Guides Bonfire is on Saturday 1st November in Brabyns Park.

Bonfire from 7pm and Fireworks start at 7.30pm.

Tickets are available from the Hollins DIY/Garden Supplies shop or from Scout and Guide Leaders.

It is important to note that prices are £3 for Adults and £1.50 for children in advance but £5 for adults and £3 for children on the gate. SO plan ahead and get your tickets in advance.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website