To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Enclosed areas  (Read 4624 times)

Ali Bee

Re: Enclosed areas
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »
Thanks for ideas folks, will look into Woodbank!

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »
Ah I understand why you want it enclosed now.  I keep my dog muzzled cos she eats stuff (preferably of the kind that comes out of the ends of any animal atall) and we do have an occasional attack on Brabyns... but its amazing what a dog with a muzzle can do... if they are big she legs it and if they are small she bounces on them hard and if they come back at her she comes to me i whip the muzzle off and she ses them off  ;D

Aslan

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 10:17:50 AM »
Swap the luck! My two really don't care what the weathers doing - I'm sure I've shrunk a couple of inches over the last two years.......

I find the bottom woods of Woodbank very good (down by the river - easily accessed over the bridge up the lane from Chadkirk Kennels/Offerton Animal Haven) - don't often see that many other people and anyone with small dogs seem to keep them on the lead so mine can quite happily leg it when they have a go! Again it only seems to be small, snappy dogs that do and luckily my two just aren't interested in having a go back. Much more fun to chase squirrels!

Ali Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 03:47:16 PM »
I sympathise.  One of our spaniels was attacked by a Jack Russell earlier this year, and it caused a lot of distress (and expensive vet's bills!).     :'(

Thanks, and I hope that your dog is now okay.  Some people think that small dogs are less ferocious than a bigger dog, when, though their bites may be smaller, this is not alway so   ::).  Ah well, it's raining still, I know that I'll be lucky to get my two into the garden at the moment, let alone a walk!   :)   

Dave

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »
I sympathise.  One of our spaniels was attacked by a Jack Russell earlier this year, and it caused a lot of distress (and expensive vet's bills!).     :'(

Ali Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »
The meadow I think you mean.  The reason for wanting it enclosed is that they are not small dog friendly and, while muzzled, one of them was badly attacked by a Jack Russell Terrier a good while back, so I prefer to be cautious around small dogs and because I don't want him to be bitten again.  Maybe I am being over cautious even 4 years plus on, but if you have dogs you will understand.  Oh, not that they are anti social, there are dogs out there that they will play very happily with, but unfortunately they do not meet up often enough, life, work...   

Dave

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »
No sorry, I didn't mean the mountain bike area.  I meant the big triangular field of rough grass down in the far left hand corner of Brabyns, by the river (downstream of the Iron Bridge) and past all the football pitches. 

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:30:26 PM »
why does it have to be enclosed?

The whole of Brabyns is fantasatic for mad big energetic dogs.. and is full of understanding dog owners including myself ;)

Ali Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 02:37:59 PM »
Thanks Dave.  I've looked at that, the field for the mountain(?) bikes, but the gaps in between the horizontal poles looked a bit wide, unless it's changed, as it was some time ago that I looked at it.

Dave

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 05:04:12 PM »
How about that rough grass field down the far end of Brabyns Park, past the football pitches?  It isn't fully enclosed, but it seems to keep our dogs happy.   

Ali Bee

Enclosed areas
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »
Does anyone know of, or have, any enclosed fields, tennis courts or the like, where two energetic dogs could be let off to run themselves ragged?