A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Favorite Marple Pub  (Read 7136 times)

Dave

Re: Favorite Marple Pub
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 11:34:06 AM »
The Hatters is a fine, unspoilt old pub - it's nice to go to a place that hasn't been modernised, and still has several cosy rooms around a central bar.  And the floral display outside is terrific!

But it's very much a locals/regulars pub - a newcomer dropping by for a pint can sometimes feel a bit out of place.

One of the hallmarks of the very best pubs is that they are places where anyone can feel welcome, even if they are calling in for the first time.  On this particular criterion, other pubs in the area, such as the Sportsman and the Ring O' Bells, are more sucessful. 

orangewhip

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 10:36:24 AM »
The Hatters scores 10 out of 10 on all criteria and deservedly tops the poll. 

Quality of Beer and Lager - 10
Range of Products - 10
Availability of food - 10
cleanliness - 10
Decor - 10
State of Toilets - 10
Provision for smokers - 10
Friendliness of Landlord and Staff - 10

http://www.hattersmarple.co.uk/

Well done the Hatters.  :D

maronbf3

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 08:59:02 PM »
The Hatters Arms, Marple are once again included in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide for 2009

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 06:14:58 PM »
hmm/// ive only just seen this so i didnt vote :( and if so would not vote for the hatters sorry.. know its nice enough but the times ive been in it its very "Manly!!"
ringers would have got my vote.. so that would have been a tie :p

orangewhip

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 02:59:26 PM »
A deserved victory for the Hatters I say, home to the warmest welcome in Marple, and the friendliest people.

alan@marple

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 01:53:36 PM »
Well, I don't think the poll, came to any representative view considering the number of pollster's. The Hatters, Ringers and the Railway certainly to my mind were the obvious top three.

nbt

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:53:02 PM »
Thanks Mark! vote duly added from that list
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »
You can now vote for any of the pubs in the Marple Pubguide, or "None of these"........ I can't find the previous pub poll myself, which I assume means it has been lost, probably in the conversion to the current board format - sorry about that!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

orangewhip

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
I was just thinking the same thing nbt, where is the 'none of the above' option?  I can think of a couple of those I wouldn't touch with a bargepole if you get my meaning!

nbt

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:11:07 PM »
Can we have a "none of the above" please? APart from the Marple Tavern, they're all Robbie's pubs, whic means the beer (a key reason for visiting a pub) is all much of a muchness. Oh I long for the day when a non-robbie's pub opens in Marple!
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

orangewhip

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »
Could someone please direct me to the previous pub poll?  It's somewhere in the archives I presume...

Thank you

::)

alan@marple

Favorite Marple Pub
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:23:57 AM »
It's some time now since we had a pub poll, for Marple and I thinks that there have been several changes in peoples drinking habits.

So, just for fun vote for ............................................................................ taking into account.

Quality of Beer and Lager
Range of Products
Availability of food
cleanliness
Decor
State of Toilets
Provision for smokers
Friendliness of Landlord and Staff