Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Road Changes Marple Centre.  (Read 15028 times)

CTCREP

Re: Road Changes Marple Centre.
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 02:01:02 PM »
Regarding road changes in general, and although out of area Poynton in particular, you may be interested in reading the following article :-http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018xs8t

amazon

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2011, 07:54:37 PM »
Sorry to dig up this old topic, just wondered - Has anyone else spotted the large, wide signpost in front of the Hollins row of shops (the dry cleaners, off licence, etc), pointing to the Carver Theatre and Chadwick St car park? Is it new?

You can't really miss it, anyway... It's enormous! Big and wide enough for a dual carriageway or motorway, towering over pedestrians and completely ignoring the row of benches and pedestrianised area. It's probably not even particularly visible from the road as it's sited so far in from the pavement, behind two bus stops, and hard to see that it's pointing down Trinity Street.

I understand the need to get people to park up and spend money in Marple, but this is a real blot on the streetscape!
Have you reported it too Marple civic society

rsh

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2011, 06:19:50 PM »
Sorry to dig up this old topic, just wondered - Has anyone else spotted the large, wide signpost in front of the Hollins row of shops (the dry cleaners, off licence, etc), pointing to the Carver Theatre and Chadwick St car park? Is it new?

You can't really miss it, anyway... It's enormous! Big and wide enough for a dual carriageway or motorway, towering over pedestrians and completely ignoring the row of benches and pedestrianised area. It's probably not even particularly visible from the road as it's sited so far in from the pavement, behind two bus stops, and hard to see that it's pointing down Trinity Street.

I understand the need to get people to park up and spend money in Marple, but this is a real blot on the streetscape!

badger

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »
At last NO THROUGH ROAD SIGNS have been put up at Church Lane end as I suggested should happen.

alan@marple

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »
May I suggest, that you keep a log of all your communications to your elected representative, ypu might be glad!

wotsit

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2010, 09:31:05 PM »
Nothing surprises me about Stockport Council...from putting up lights on Hillgate when the roundabout was fine, to erecting lights on Lisburne lane ie: half a mile of traffic coming from Marple only 6 cars coming from Great Moor....Brilliant!
Now we have the fiasco of traffic reversal opposite the Hollins, so if you are coming from Posset bridge direction you have to turn left across the waiting buses, how long will it take before a bus rams a car?
The new street lamps are another joke....  the lamp in my toilet is brighter, talk about dark & dreary Marple !
I have emailed the council, but no reply, the only way to get something done is to contact a councillor... Shan Alexander has been good or let's get Mr. Stunnel on board.
So I would suggest all well & good to get these problems of one's chest...but action is needed of a mithering kind!
contact your councillor now!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
and mark (boss) its not the point in walking direction, its which way to look when you are crossing because at the moment cars are coming both ways!!

Fair comment - but don't forget your green-cross code - always look both ways, even when crossing a one way street.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sooty2

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 01:29:02 AM »
Thank God for that !

pirate Princess

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »
Thankyou nbt, You can join my crew and so can Mrs nbt ;D
Sooty 2 is off on one again ya know what I just don't get you either::)! and mark (boss) its not the point in walking direction, its which way to look when you are crossing because at the moment cars are coming both ways!! a car and a van bumped into each other today just seconds after I crossed the road. I'm board with this conversation for now.

nbt

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 07:24:01 PM »
There are no restrictions if you're walking, you can go in either direction  ::)

To be fair though, Mrs NBT has seen several pedestrians saunter across the road while checking traffic in entirely the wrong directions as it's been one-way the other way for so many years. It will take time for people to get used to it
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

RAY NOBLE

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 12:20:14 PM »
The name is Ray. Ray

sooty2

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »
Well said Admin.I always have to read Pirate Princess posts twice, I just dont get them ??? Is it just me?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 09:52:52 PM »
There are no restrictions if you're walking, you can go in either direction  ::)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

pirate Princess

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 08:33:36 PM »
For your informantion Raymond I don't drive, what I mean It is confusing for the people who use what god has given us (our legs :o) and walk in and around Marple.  :-*

sooty2

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »
Whoo! this could get interesting ;D Let battle commence ;)