Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Sportsmans , Strines  (Read 4904 times)

Rachael

Re: Sportsmans , Strines
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
I think the sportsmans is nice too BUT on the few occasions Ive been there, my clothes always smell of cooking fat.

The food is nice, but I dont want to come home smelling like ive cooked my meal myself.

heather

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:31:44 PM »
dont think the canal is that deep just not very well lit :) :)

Dave

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 11:00:47 AM »
Agreed - the Sportsman is an excellent and well-run pub.  And although I love Robbie's, it's good to have a change now and then.   :P  It's also well situated to fit into a walk, with the canal across the road, and in the other direction, the Roman Bridge linking it to Mellor.   

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:18:43 PM »
How deep is a canal...?

nbt

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 10:05:49 PM »
I would agree on all counts. It's just a shame it;s so far to walk home, I daren; risk the canal after too many beers   ;D
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

moorendman

Sportsmans , Strines
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 08:49:59 PM »
Since moving to Mellor in 2005, we have been fortunate enough to visit most of the restaurants and pubs in the area.

Our visit to the Sportsmans in Strines last Saturday night was the first time we have eaten a meal there. We have been before to drink as it is one the few places you can enjoy real ale that does not begin with "R"

The views from the main room are beautiful, the service was efficient and friendly and the food was very good. The Sportsmans does not pretend to be a gourmet restaurant, though the food is honest, well cooked and the portion sizes more than adequate.

The menu is quite extensive and a pleasing number of specials complemented the list. None of the main courses ventured over the £10 mark !

The beer is excellent with a minimum of 3 guest ales and the reasonably priced short wine list featured a number of tempting bottles.

A very pleasant evening all round, We will certainly return.