All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Marple on tv  (Read 47591 times)

Tricky

Re: Marple on tv
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2008, 02:05:11 AM »
Oh aye yeah..  that's what I meant.
 ;)

meh

stockport road

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2008, 09:47:48 PM »
Yeah.. it was definitely the Moorside.

Moorfield ;)

Tricky

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2008, 01:52:23 AM »
Yeah.. it was definitely the Moorside.

meh

Peter

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 04:09:37 PM »
I'm assured that the date pub was the Moorfield Arms on Shiloh Road above Mellor.

badger

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »

I thought it looked like the Lane Ends on Wernerth Low but hey! we can look at it again as I've been
  told it's now out on DVD at HMV. :)

BrokenBiscuit

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2008, 09:01:26 AM »
I think the place where the estate agents went on their date was the restaurant on Glossop Road; either the 'Rock' or the other one (can't think of it's name) - err, is it Woodheys?
Which would make sense as Craig Cash lives around there.

nbt

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »
Ah yes, G Croft homes is Gascoigne Halman estate agents down in Marple Bridge
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

stockport road

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »
Grandads house is on the corner Empress Ave and Church Street opposite Marple Cottage Surgery. Loved the series was fantastic seeing all the places I grew up. Was it me or was Stockport rd very quite with NO traffic on when they were in front of the cinema in last nights show ??? ???

Outside the cinema was filmed on a hot Friday afternoon in July - they closed the road for 1.5 hrs ish . I stopped on my way home from work on my bike and watched for an hour or so .
The solicitors scene at the end was in my friends offices opposite the cinema :)

wolfman

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »
One of the pub scenes in the first episode was the Nursery Inn at Heaton Norris. A Hydes pub I think.

moonforest

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »
I felt sorry for bings son, did no one tell him that the bus goes from Marple shopping centre and not the middle of Mellor...poor lad walking all that way from All Saint's lol  ;D

We had a little giggle about that too, Neil  :)

Victor M

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2008, 06:40:22 PM »
Has anyone seen the review of Sunshine in the Guardian dated 22/10/08. Nancy Banks-Smith describes the location as "It was shot in a nothing-special northern town with rain and war memorials and boozers and betting shops and kind hearts and corny jokes. The credits thanked the good people of Stockport". Anyone think of any kind words they would like to pen to Nancy at the Guardian?

Neil Smith

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2008, 06:24:07 PM »
I felt sorry for bings son, did no one tell him that the bus goes from Marple shopping centre and not the middle of Mellor...poor lad walking all that way from All Saint's lol  ;D

nbt

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2008, 11:28:39 AM »
FLats on windlehurst, yes, that could wel lbe right

black cat club - yes of course, they;ve changed all the names, I was referring to the name used in the series. Stil no idea where it is though

BTW the house Bing shared with his missus was on east vale, as suggested by wolfman's post.

Other locations not yet mentioned:
the Gambler's anonymous meeting was the school below mellor church, which itself featured for the funeral and wedding asnd a couple of scenes in ep 2
the bookies was on Turves road in cheadle hulme (bit of a walk from Empress Ave!)
THe lads in the bin wagon pulled up for lunch on the layby between torkington bends and the birds estate in offerton (offerton road, becomes torkington road)
the doctors scenes were filmed in Marple Cottage surgery
Bing's dad's local was the ringers (sportsmans room?)
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

wolfman

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »
The black cat club is probably not it's real name. Like "East" Vale was altered to "North" Vale.

alan@marple

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2008, 12:00:26 AM »

I thought the flats might be on High Lane, near to the junction with Windlehurst Rd  or vice versa