Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Marple on tv  (Read 47597 times)

nbt

Re: Marple on tv
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 08:03:30 PM »
it was the stretch of the Macc canal running from the ringers to the junction with the peak forest
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

RAY NOBLE

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 07:50:29 PM »
There isn't a Marple canal there's a Macclesfield canal and a Peak Fores canal in Marple.  Ray

Howard

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 06:40:15 PM »
The estate agent's entrance was filmed along Town Street at the bottom of Marple Bridge.

Ali Bee

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 04:47:06 PM »
I am doing a story for paper on the filming of Sunshine in Marple as I think it airs this week.
Could anybody who saw the filming/knows where they filmed (locations)/any stories about them filming or how they feel about Marple being used as a film set.
can you email me at mdavis@menwn.co.uk, call on 0161 475 4823 or leave a post on the forum.

Thanks

Matt Davis
Marple Reporter
Stockport Express

Locations:  house on Empress Avenue, corner of Church Street
House on East Vale
Marple Canal
Ring O' Bells
Chippie on Goyt Avenue
All Saints Primary School
Marple Conservative Club

I'm sure others will add any more that they've spotted.

I was interested to see the crew arrive, though didn't see anyone that I recognised, cast or crew.  It may be  a good thing for Marple to be seen on the TV, might even give us a bit of a boost economically when people know where it is filmed, help put us on the map!  ;D 

wolfman

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »
The "Chippie" on Goyt Ave looked good.

wolfman

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »
Ray of Sunshine lights up Marple
Matthew Davis
8/10/2008

A MARPLE pub had the Hollywood treatment as it became a film set for a new BBC One drama starring Steve Coogan.

The Ring O’Bells pub in Church Lane provided the setting for scenes in Sunshine, a three-part series written by Stockport’s Craig Cash, famed for his BAFTA award-winning The Royle Family.

Pub landlord Peter Clarke, 53, was delighted to welcome film crews into his pub for six weeks back in April and even landed a part with wife Sue as extras.

He said: "It was very exciting we were so pleased they decided to use our pub. They even kept the name of the pub in the script.

"In one line Bernard Hill says to Coogan’s character ‘Fancy going to the Ringers for a pint’."

Sunshine tells the story of three generations of a Manchester family and was filmed in locations around Stockport and Salford, but with a majority of scenes shot in Marple.

Steve Coogan plays Bob ‘Bing’ Crosby, father of young Joe (Dominic Senior), whose addiction to gambling threatens to spiral out of control and end his relationship with despairing partner Bernadette (Lisa Millett).

The Ring O’Bells was used for shots inside and out including a scene where Coogan and his father played by Hill have a pint as well as doubling up as a karaoke bar for another shot.

Other locations used in Marple included All Saints Primary School, the Regent Cinema and the Conservative Club, while many of Peter’s regulars scored parts as extras or had their houses immortalised on film.

He added: "It is great they filmed it in Marple. We had one night when they used our carpark for a scene and it was like a Hollywood film set, I couldn’t believe how many people were working on the programme.

"All the actors were very nice and very focused on their work. We are looking forward to it being on TV and trying to spot all the locals. We are definitely going to have the TVs on in the pub showing it.

"We could end up being as famous as the Woolpack in Emmerdale with coach loads of tourists coming to see where Steve Coogan had a pint."

Sunshine is on Tuesday nights on BBC1 at 9pm.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tdobson

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 11:27:14 AM »
for anyone whos interested, including the newspaper reporter, I blogged about this whilst they were filming: http://www.blog.tdobson.net/node/154

Mr Marple

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
WELL.......DID YOU LIKE IT????

Sunshine certainly has the old feeling to it but that's just Marple through an through.

Great storyline, top dialogue and not bad acting either.

Poor Bing losing like that...I sure hope he laerns from it and poor old grandad, hope he gets better soon.

If you want to see it again I think the BBC iPlayer is showing it so enjoy!!

COME ON MARPLE!!!!!

badger

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 07:32:42 AM »
 Yes so did my wife and I, we need to watch it again to pick up the story line as we were concentrating
  on  watching the background for places we recognised.

moonforest

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 06:35:04 AM »
Well, how exciting! We all sat down to watch Sunshine last night and had a great time picking out the various locations used in the programme.  :)

mdavisstockportexpress

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 09:30:35 AM »
I am doing a story for paper on the filming of Sunshine in Marple as I think it airs this week.
Could anybody who saw the filming/knows where they filmed (locations)/any stories about them filming or how they feel about Marple being used as a film set.
can you email me at mdavis@menwn.co.uk, call on 0161 475 4823 or leave a post on the forum.

Thanks

Matt Davis
Marple Reporter
Stockport Express

Mr Marple

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 04:10:24 PM »
Hey Wolfman, I can say that the production of Sunshine won't be the last one to be filmed in Marple.

The Northwest overall will be having more film productions active and filming new and exciting scenes.

Keep an eye on this space.

Susan

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 02:28:03 PM »
I will be watching.

neegel

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »
The series that was being filmed earlier this year is due to be shown on 7 October at 9pm on BBC1.

wolfman

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 11:39:47 AM »
Bank holiday Monday they were filming in Telford Rd. Hawk Green. There won't be much of Marple left that won't be in the series.