Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Marple on tv  (Read 47583 times)

nbt

Re: Marple on tv
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2014, 12:26:44 PM »
Not been on the thread for some time but i'd be surprised if they filmed "The Village" in Marple in June - it was mostly filmed around Hayfield and Edale and is not TV now, so filming in June seems very late.

Anyway the reason I'm looking at this is that Mrs NBT reports they are filming at the Regent Cinema today and I was wondering what it will be...
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2014, 09:41:06 AM »
Filming took place in Marple Bridge this week, in the Methodist church on Cote Green Lane (by Northumberland Arms) for a comedy drama on sky.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2014, 12:42:53 AM »
So will the people who watch it know  it's not filmed in derbyshire .
Probably more than you would imagine

gazwhite

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2014, 07:01:44 PM »
Probably just using it for a couple of scenes.

I think the bulk of filming is being done in Hayfield - noticed the bulk of site facilities trucks that way out...

corium

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2014, 04:48:30 PM »
Canals, locks and waterways possibly?

It's possible, just that there are some closer to where they will be filming other scenes. But perhaps it's easier to set up shop here for that aspect of things

amazon

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »

Marple Bridge allready made one film there and good it was too .suprising what they can do to change the

Appearance  of the place .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2014, 03:59:55 PM »
struggling to think what we might uniquely have in Marple that would fit in with where the next series might be going timewise

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2014, 02:25:46 PM »
I'm just curious as to what they would be filming. I saw the original series of the village & am struggling to think what we might uniquely have in Marple that would fit in with where the next series might be going timewise, given I seem to recall the original plan was for this to be a long running drama moving relatively slowly though time so there was the option for quite a few series.
It's amazing what "they" can do with a film camera in the most unlikely setting. I can "see" why they could make use of the area from the Regent up to Possett Bridge in a vaguely historical drama.

(An historian speaks) And yes, the 1920s really are "history". A young relative of mine has been doing Scargill's miner's strike for GCSE history! She doesn't know anything about the industrial revolution or the battle of Waterloo but, hey, who needs it?

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »
Not even in Asda? I thought they claimed to charge the same prices regardless of the size or location of their premises.

You are right about filming in Cheshire, they have filmed a wedding scene at Lyme Park. What is more surprising is that they are filming in a Metropolitan Borough.

Marple hasn't been a village since the industrial revolution
At Rose Hill Primary School in the 1950s Mr Higson told us that Marple had a population of 29,000 and was officially the largest village in England. (I am merely commenting so don't shoot the messenger.)

corium

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »
I'm just curious as to what they would be filming. I saw the original series of the village & am struggling to think what we might uniquely have in Marple that would fit in with where the next series might be going timewise, given I seem to recall the original plan was for this to be a long running drama moving relatively slowly though time so there was the option for quite a few series.

amazon

« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2014, 12:13:49 PM »
So why are they filming in Cheshire? No doubt the "Derbyshire" characters will have Yorkshire accents as is usual in film, television and the radio

So will the people who watch it know  it's not filmed in derbyshire .

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2014, 08:22:27 AM »
If it's called "Sunshine" it's the second series to be filmed around here. Craig Cash does live in Mellor so if he's directing he will obviously have a keen insight into suitable locations.

It's not, apparently it's called 'The Village'

Sunshine was very good though - I'd watch a 2nd series of that! Watched it in '08 - bought the DVD in '09 - moved to Marple in '10 - recognised a few things, dug out the DVD & sat in amazement as on my TV Steve Coogan was smoking a sausage in my new local chippy !

alstan

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2014, 07:08:15 AM »
Don't know can't afford to shop there .
Not even in Asda? I thought they claimed to charge the same prices regardless of the size or location of their premises.

So why are they filming in Cheshire?

You are right about filming in Cheshire, they have filmed a wedding scene at Lyme Park. What is more surprising is that they are filming in a Metropolitan Borough.

Maybe Marple was a village back then

Marple hasn't been a village since the industrial revolution

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2014, 12:49:58 AM »
Second series of BBC drama, set in 1920s Derbyshire.  Maybe Marple was a village back then  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Village_(2013_TV_series)
So why are they filming in Cheshire? No doubt the "Derbyshire" characters will have Yorkshire accents as is usual in film, television and the radio

tigerman

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »
If it's called "Sunshine" it's the second series to be filmed around here. Craig Cash does live in Mellor so if he's directing he will obviously have a keen insight into suitable locations.