A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: The Local Elections  (Read 2557 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: The Local Elections
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 07:17:19 PM »
hmmm... well I cant edit my post to correct appalling spelling  :-[

I know theres a spell check but i didnt notice it until it was too late.... and i always presume Ive got it right anyway  ;D

Lisa Oldham

Re: The Local Elections
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »
I'm going in a minute to rose hill school.. 2 minutes away

I've had notification from conservative and tonnes of liberals as usual BUT bare in mind it all costs money and liberals are fairly(!!) rich here I suppose its understandable we dont get more "stuff" however I would like to see them all being more imaginative in their attempts at getting my vote. 
Having run a national campaign group very succesfully I know what you can do with absolutly peanuts so I dont see why they cant do a bit of foot work a bit of media work radio stuff etc ..or jut get a bit more involved throughout the year.

Having said that I actually saw a real liberal councillor type come round to my door the other week - 1st time in 5 years.... sadly its the only councillor I actually like otherwise I could have told him where he could stick his vote... I did tell him anyway but its better when you dont like them!!!

guess who i'm NOT voting for  ;)

alan@marple

The Local Elections
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:52:11 PM »
Who plans, who votes where?

I have to walk half a mile to vote on Thursday, I will enjoy the walk. But I cant understand why I have to pass a polling station 100 yards from my home.

Also just for info, tonight I got a leaflet through my door from the conservative candidate

I have had nothing from any of the other candidates.

I really don't know who will get my vote yet.