RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Linked Events

• Dan Bank Closed Overnight: July 29, 2010 - July 31, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 02, 2010 - August 07, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 09, 2010 - August 14, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 16, 2010 - August 21, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 23, 2010 - August 27, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 31, 2010 - September 05, 2010

Author Topic: Dan Bank Road Works  (Read 45393 times)

marveld

Re: Dan Bank Road Works
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2010, 11:25:11 AM »
Miss Marple wrote: "I am hoping that they place some kind of monument or plaque when the compound is removed to acknowledge the Home Guard shelter that the council destroyed prior to checking out what it was."

I remember going into the old air raid shelter when I was a kid (35 years ago). I figured, if it was still there, that the compound would have flattened it. I'm all in favour of blue plaques and monuments to acknowledge important historical people/events/buildings etc. but I can't get excited about this one.

Miss Marple

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2010, 08:03:29 PM »
I was informed on Friday that the compound opposite my house will remain until around April 11  :'(  due to the tree planting programme and the re surfacing of the road!  The Dan Bank dedicated phone line told me that they had a ten year plan for the ancient wood land ???  Most locals laugh at the words ancient wood land because well before the trees were there the whole area was covered in blackberry bushes and people still remember families coming from all over to visit Dan Bank at weekends to pick blackberry's. I think they would be hard pushed to find any now on the sidings of the bank.   I am hoping that they place some kind of monument or plaque when the compound is removed to acknowledge the Home Guard shelter that the council destroyed prior to checking out what it was.  Its a real shame they destroyed it as it was only one of a handful still left in the country and was in perfect condition.  I think I will put my suggestion forward to the council surly they must have a few quid left from the three point something million they had for the stabilisation of Dan Bank  ;)

Tricky

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2010, 04:45:05 PM »
"Yesterday, works to stabilise Dan Bank were completed on schedule. Over the last 12 weeks, the strengthening works progressed well and the road will now be open at all times, during the day and at night. All of the information signs at Dan Bank will be removed shortly to avoid any confusion."

meh

Taurus

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2010, 02:14:43 PM »
Last night I had problems getting back to Marple by bus.

Even though Dan Bank was open and Stagecoach knew this, a 383 driver told me that they 'daren't use it'. I arrived in Stockport bus station at 9.30pm and went to the 383 stand. An elderly gentleman wanting to get to New Mills told me that the 9.15pm 358 had not turned up. The 9.45pm 383 turned up but the driver told me that he was still aborting before Dan Bank. I then walked very quickly to the 384 stand to catch that 9.45pm service which also didn't turn up, well a 384 did arrive, let passengers off then drove off again! From the 384 stand, I saw another 383 turn up just after the 9.45pm had gone and left with no passengers at all. At about 10.10pm I knew that there was a 10.15pm 358 due so I started walking back to the other stand thinking I'd get that when a 384 turned up so I walked very quickly back and got on it. This 384 was a double decker and not the usual smaller bus that they have been using in the evenings. As I was sat on the bus I saw the 10.15pm 358 turn up and the elderly gentleman was finally on his way home. A few of the passengers complained to the driver about the 2nd 383 and he said that that was supposed to have been the 384.

I got home eventually and I really enjoyed my mug of tea and crumpets when I did. What annoyed me the most was that other bus services like 309 to Adswood, 42 to Manchester and others which are also supposed to be on a reduced service in the evenings were coming in what seemed like every couple of minutes and leaving with no passengers. Surely some of these could have been changed to the 358 and 384 that didn't show.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »
Over the last two months, the works taking place at Dan Bank have been progressing well and are on schedule for completion on Sunday 5 September 2010 in line with the programme.

There have not been any occasions where the road has not been open at 6am and the local bus services have not had any significant delays during the road closure.

As the works are progressing well, no work will take place during the August Bank Holiday weekend (Saturday 28, Sunday 29 and Monday 30 August). This means that Stockport Road will remain OPEN at 7pm Saturday evening, Sunday evening and Monday evening.

All electronic signs located on the approach to Dan Bank will be updated on Friday 27 August to let all those travelling in the area know that the road is OPEN.

The scheduled night-time road closures will then continue Tuesday 31 August from 7pm and electronic signs will again indicate when the road is CLOSED or OPEN.

Stockport Council would like to thank those who live or work near to Dan Bank and all those who regularly travel along Stockport Road for their patience during these important works. As they continue, we will send further updates to let you know how the works are progressing.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2010, 03:00:46 PM »
Got to be an acoustic fence I would have thought to try to protect the properties on Dan Bank from the worst of the noise of the piling.
                          And Arc Lights .

Tricky

« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2010, 02:33:52 PM »
Yeah, I realise that..

I wonder how much THAT cost?.. and if it will remain after the work has finished?
meh

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2010, 02:05:04 PM »
Got to be an acoustic fence I would have thought to try to protect the properties on Dan Bank from the worst of the noise of the piling.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Tricky

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 09:35:01 AM »
Possibly down to the fact that there is a schedule.

And maybe because materials/supplies/tradesmen may have been booked for specific dates.. etc.

But - what's the deal with the huge wooden fence along Dan Bank?
meh

Victor M

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »
I am pleased to hear that the work is progressing well but can anyone explain why they don't carry on working 7 nights a week and finish the work earlier?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2010, 05:01:44 PM »
There is just over 5 weeks left of working at Dan Bank, on Stockport Road in Marple. Last week, the piling work was completed. This has been an essential part of stabilising the road, and has been completed ahead of schedule. The remaining work over the next five weeks will involve soil nailing, road drainage and repair works to the surface of the carriageway and this is on schedule to be completed by Sunday 5th September.

As the piling work has now finished and the work is on schedule, there will be no work carried out on a Sunday evening. As you may be aware, Stockport Road has remained open on a Sunday for the last three weeks. Therefore unless there are emergency works or unforeseen delays, there will be no road closure on a Sunday night for the remainder of the works.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2010, 04:56:11 PM »
Latest News: Stockport Road will remain OPEN this Sunday 25 July, from 7pm in the evening and Monday morning.

All electronic signs on the approach to Dan Bank will be updated on Sunday 25 July to let all those travelling in the area that the road is OPEN.

The scheduled road closure will then continue daily from Monday 26 July from 7pm and electronic signs will read the road is CLOSED.

Stockport Council would like to thank all those who live or work near to Dan Bank and all those who regularly travel along Stockport Road for their patience during these important works. As they continue, we will send further updates letting you know how the works are progressing.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2010, 03:16:28 PM »
Latest News: Once again, Stockport Road will remain OPEN this Sunday 18 July, from 7pm in the evening and Monday morning.

All electronic signs on the approach to Dan Bank will be updated on Sunday 18th July to let all those travelling in the area that the road is OPEN.

The scheduled road closure will then continue daily from Monday 19th July from 7pm and electronic signs will read the road is CLOSED.

Stockport Council would like to thank all those who live or work near to Dan Bank and all those who regularly travel along Stockport Road for their patience during these important works. As they continue, we will send further updates letting you know how the works are progressing.

[No World Cup this weekend either!]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

Dan Bank Road Works
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »
As Any body taken any photos of the night time work on Dan bank .

nbt

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2010, 10:21:07 AM »
The roadworks at the bridge should have been done earlier this year but couldn;t be completed due to the harsh weather. Bad timing on the re-scheduling, but if there won;t be any traffic lights that's something at least
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist