Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Linked Events

• Dan Bank Closed Overnight: July 29, 2010 - July 31, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 02, 2010 - August 07, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 09, 2010 - August 14, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 16, 2010 - August 21, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 23, 2010 - August 27, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 31, 2010 - September 05, 2010

Author Topic: Dan Bank Road Works  (Read 45389 times)

amazon

Re: Dan Bank Road Works
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2010, 09:19:29 PM »
I notice that work is scheduled to begin on the bridge outside Compstall Mill in the next week or so, typical planners to close the major route into and out of Marple then put roadworks on the diversion route ::)

The work on the bridge at compstall as been going on for well over       twelve months .not aw-air its being closed or trafic lights installed .

chicken lady

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2010, 07:20:45 AM »
really good that the work is ahead of schedule and they have been able to give the road crew the day off, and how convenient that it just happens to fall on the same day as the World Cup final....!

Alison

surely a coincidence?  ;D

alison

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »
really good that the work is ahead of schedule and they have been able to give the road crew the day off, and how convenient that it just happens to fall on the same day as the World Cup final....!

Alison

nbt

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2010, 06:05:13 PM »
I notice that work is scheduled to begin on the bridge outside Compstall Mill in the next week or so, typical planners to close the major route into and out of Marple then put roadworks on the diversion route  ::)
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Miss Marple

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2010, 05:54:58 PM »
Seen sign on Dan Bank warning of some form of Japanese weed there, hope it will not find its way to my garden I have enough weeds  :-\

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »
Update from the council:
Over the last four weeks, the works taking place at Dan Bank have been progressing well and are on schedule for completion on Sunday 5th September 2010 in line with the programme.

There has not been any occasion where the road has not been open at 6am and the local bus services have not had any significant delays during the road closure.

As the works are progressing well, no work will take place on Sunday 11th July. This means that Stockport Road will remain OPEN at 7pm Sunday evening and Monday morning.

All electronic signs located on the approach to Dan Bank will be updated on Sunday 11th July to let all those travelling in the area that the road is OPEN.

The scheduled road closure will then continue Monday 12th July from 7pm and electronic signs will read the road is CLOSED.

Stockport Council would like to thank all those who live or work near to Dan Bank and all those who regularly travel along Stockport Road for their patience during these important works. As they continue, we will send further updates letting you know how the works are progressing.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »
ITS the TREES thats caused all the problems . should clear all the lot out  .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »
From the electronic signs near me it appears that the road was open Sunday evening, however I think that may have been due to them finishing the 1st phase of the preparatory work early. I know that from this week onwards the heavy stuff starts (piledriving etc)
Obviously, I'm not a civil engineer but if they had left the trees in place would they have had to drive piles?  Would have thought that mature trees would have had roots which supported the hillside very adequately.

Dan Bank has been supposed to be collapsing since the 1940s and hasn't gone yet.

Victor M

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2010, 04:24:21 PM »
From the electronic signs near me it appears that the road was open Sunday evening, however I think that may have been due to them finishing the 1st phase of the preparatory work early. I know that from this week onwards the heavy stuff starts (piledriving etc)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »
Yes, it's planned to be every day between 14 June and 5 September.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Susan

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 12:04:55 PM »
Can someone please tell me if the road is shut over the weekend at nights

alan@marple

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »
Reply received today

"We have investigated the issue at Marple Old Road and I can inform you that we are slightly relocating the signing equipment so that there is a pedestrian route without having to walk in the carriageway This work should be completed by this evening.
Thanks for bringing this matter to my attention

alan@marple

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 06:38:15 PM »

Please be advised that the portable electronic sign that has been placed on the pavement towards traffic coming downhill from Stockport is blocking the pavement.

It is not possible for pedestrians to proceed along the pavement without walking into the road and flow of traffic.

Can you advise me if you intend to cone off a section of the roadway in order to allow safe passage for pedestrians.

Regards

sentby email today 1830:

alan@marple

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
I noticed this afternoon that an electronic portable sign has been placed on the pavement just before 17 windows facing the traffic coming downhill from Stockport.

As there is no pavement on the opposite side pedestrians and pushchairs will have to walk into the road to pass along as the sign completely blocks the pavement.

So much for road safety. I will msend an email to Stockport now and see what response I get.

Jay

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2010, 02:28:44 PM »
Here's the dates for you!  :o

Dan Bank on Stockport Road (A626) will be closed overnight between 7pm and 6am the following morning for 12 weeks from Monday 14 June until Sunday 5 September 2010