Archive > Marple Primary Schools Transition

The Dale and Peacefield proposed closure

(1/9) > >>

Lisa Oldham:
hmm.. if its through planning then they do have to do some planning consultation with neighbours but probably not with parents.

Two storey.. well my mum does back on to rosehill and it certainly will affect the outlook so will make sure she knows that too

THanks Jo S :)

Jo Scarlett:
There was a drop in session yesterday at The Dale for parents to ask questions etc.

A couple of points which came to light were that SMBC are not obliged to inform residents of their proposal, however they will be putting something in the Stockport Express in the near future.  Also that the new build school at Rose Hill will be a 2 storey building, surely this is relevant if you back onto the school?

Rudolph Hucker:
Fair point Lisa, well made :)

Lisa Oldham:
yep i will be making my concerns heard however this forum is always good for a timely rant :)

and no i agree lack of consideration is not the preserve of rosehill parents except at 8:45 directly outside rosehill gates in hte middle of 2rows of traffic going both ways dropping kids off and when I'm trying to leave my road and then it is :p

Jo Scarlett:
Lisa,

Please make your concerns heard, use the consultation document, once this goes ahead we will have little or no say, now is the time to ensure that our voices are heard.  I too, noticed how dreadful the traffic was this morning (probably due to the poor weather) and it can only get worse with parents from the 2 closed schools coming to Rose Hill to add to the congestion in the future.  SMBC need to put in firm plans to ensure that Marple doesn't come to a grinding halt every morning.  This will also coincide with the work on Dan Bank - lots of construction vehicles around - how safe will that be?

Sorry to go on, its just that I don't feel that people without children at the schools involved are giving this much thought -- over the next 2/3 years this may well cause havoc for everyone who lives in Marple.

Joanne

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version