Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: blue bags  (Read 19378 times)

nbt

Re: blue bags
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 07:02:30 PM »
what recycle bins? Mrs NBT's mum has had hers over in Heald Green for a few months now, no sign of ours in marple!
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

badger

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 01:14:18 PM »
I believe it's going to be at least 12 months before the black bins are delivered, they want to see how the recycle bins are accepted first.

Jay

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »
I saw the council delivering rolls of blue bin bags today! Has someone forgot to inform them that they are supposed to be delivering new bins not bags!  ???

Jay

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2009, 08:40:07 PM »
Anyone heard any more about the wheelie bins yet? I ran out of the bags ages ago and have had no more delivered, is this cause they're 'rolling' out the new bins soon?

Troika

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2008, 01:36:21 AM »
2 years ago, when I last stayed in Marple, I was amazed at how you all cope with the little bins and bags. I left in 1982 and have been back staying in Marple several times and not much has changed. You all need Wheelie bins. We have had them in Australia for a long time now. You have one for household rubbish, garden rubbish and paper, cardboard and plastic rubbish. We have a charge for this in the council rates but it is quite minimal. We also have large household goods(ie old washing machines,households good,etc) collected twice a year. We are encouraged to recycle as much as possible. People can take any extra rubbish to the council tip for a fee, but most find we don't need to now. I noticed someone mentioned them in 2009/2010,seems a long way away

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 06:28:47 PM »
yep I know been doing the same, and recycling even more similar to Alison

just wondered what happens when they run out as they are supposed to last a year and sure its not been that

Dave

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 05:02:50 PM »
Has anyone run out yet?

just interested my roll is starting to shrink a bit  ::)

If you need to put out more than one bag you can use a black one - I've been doing that without any problems, and so have my neighbours. 

Barbara

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 06:23:55 PM »
Well you are lucky that the foxes don't rip the blue bags - the badger here loves them, and the magpies have a good go too!  Plus the odd marauding cat, of course.

alison

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 05:13:12 PM »
Actually I am doing Ok with them - occasionally have to put out a second bag but the tranparency does make me think more about what I am putting into the bag. It has led to way more trips to the tip though to get rid of recycling. Never had any problems with ripped bags either, and there are urban foxes round here, but I do spray my bin with disinfectant each week so maybe the small puts them off?

My big gripe with the Green bins was the size of them and their unsuitability for small terraced houses if waste is to be collected from the front of the property. I have been in Cheadle Hulme recently and they have new blue wheelies which I think are for plastic and cardboard that are really dinky. I wouldn't object to something that size - anyone know when we are likely to get them?

Alison

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 04:59:40 PM »
Has anyone run out yet?

just interested my roll is starting to shrink a bit  ::)

the rover

blue bags
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 12:03:57 PM »
Whenever I have any food scraps to put in the bags I spray them with disenfectant before putting in the bag this keeps the cats away.

Deniseam

blue bags
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »
No definitely not magpies - we have a cat in our neighbourhood who not only terrorises our cat but sits boldly on the top of the blue bag and rips away at it.  We are usually so careful as well with wrapping up food scraps etc.

Lisa Oldham

blue bags
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 08:14:24 PM »
Denise.. are you sure its not magpies?  They wait for the bags to be put out on our street then all descend en masse.... chasing all cats away!!

Marpleian

blue bags
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 11:53:54 AM »
I think you can leave the tops on as it doesn't say on the side that they have to be removed and they are photographed with the tops on.  The magazine from the council yesterday implied that once wheelie bins are introduced in 2009/10 they will be collecting tetrapak cartons as well as plastic and card.

amazon

blue bags
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 11:51:16 AM »
i live at compstall clever clogs .