Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Brabyns park  (Read 2989 times)

ironbridgecottage

Brabyns park
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:36:48 PM »
Thanks for the info. It never ceases to amaze me how much useful info you find. I am a Broadband UK manager and was not aware of the .co.uk and com issue if you select the uk search option. It explains a number of probs I have had so thanks for that. I will be raising the matter with Dave Burrows via e-mail - think police may have more important matters at the moment.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Brabyns park
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 10:01:48 PM »
I couldn't find the link that you were referring to (don't post it here) but I did find something useful for our Iron Bridge Project while I was looking, so it's an ill wind etc...

The best information on the web about the history of Brabyns is on our site at http://marple-uk.com/ironbridge/ironbridge20.htm but if you were searching for uk sites only you wouldn't have found it. If you search uk sites only it just looks at .co.uk or org.uk sites, which is not strictly correct as there are many uk sites that use the .com domain tag.

Back to the link you found, and although I haven't seen it I can make a good guess at what it probably was. In your postion I think I would be reporting the details to the Council. The gentleman in charge of Brabyns and Memorial Parks is Dave Burrows. Try contacting him at david.burrows@stockport.gov.uk or 0161 456 2315.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

Brabyns park
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 05:46:29 PM »
I have heard there was a "club" in Marple Bridge, but didnt know it was at Brabyns!!!!

That must have been quite a shock for you.

Why dont you call into Marple police station and ask the officer there if he can shed any light for you.

ironbridgecottage

Brabyns park
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:34:21 PM »
Am not sure whether it is a good idea raising this or not since some people may wonder how on earth I discovered it but deep breath and here goes !! I put Brabyns in the search for UK to see if there was any reference to what the name means historically. Sadly, the fourth or fifth weblink down the page seems to imply that we have a possible 'swingers' element claiming some association with the park. Now I am all for freedom of choice etc but as a parent with teenage girls who will shortly be moving into the Iron Bridge cottage, this is a little bit alarming. Is the council aware of this site and is there anything that they are able to do about it ?