Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Goodwin Family  (Read 5138 times)

enchantica

Goodwin Family
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 05:38:55 PM »
Hi Rod
have dropped you another email at the e-mail address you gave. I have futher information regarding the Goodwin family from the 1841 census which has just become available online.
Drop me a line if you're interested.
Netty

enchantica

Goodwin Family
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 09:25:58 AM »
Hi Rod

I have emailed you at the address given but haven't had a reply so not certain you've recieved it.

George Goodwin married Fanny Tymm on 23rd November 1874. George was a 24 year old Widower when they married.  Fanny was a spinster.  Their address was given as Hague Buildings, Marple  (anyone know where that was - I've not been able to locate it?)

Fanny is the sister of my great great grandmother Elizabeth Timm or Tymm.   I'm also in contact with a descendant of Fanny's brother Walter Timm/Tymm. The Tymm name is also frequently spelled Timm, especially before the family moved from Derbyshire.  I have more information on the Tymm/Timm family if you're interested.

I have George and Fanny Goodwin down as having 7 living children and possibly others who died and didnt show up in any census.  In Marple church yard there are several Goodwin's who might be George and Fanny's children.

I believe that the ones you mention without dates are as follows: Charles was born c1878, Joseph c1897 and Thomas c1882  as well as Lillie, George, Walter and Mary Ann whos birth years you mention.  (Making your great grandfather George their 5th Child)  

If you're interested in the Timm/Tymm family or sharing your Goodwin information please drop me a line.

Netty

Goodwin Family
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 02:01:12 PM »
Thank you for such a quick reply, I don't think they are the same. as the Joseph Goodwin (son of George and Fanny) I found out that he was born in 1880 where as the Joseph in your article was born in 1890 and his mother was Rachel.
Although as there were so many children over 3 generations (maybe more) there is a good chance that he could be a relation somewhere along the line. I have not found a Rachel in my family tree but have just started so you never know.

Thank you again, any other info would be most helpful

Peter

Goodwin Family
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 12:06:29 AM »
Could George & Fanny's son Joe be the one mentioned here?

http://www.marple-uk.com/goodwin.htm

This Joe Goodwin still has a son living in Marple.

Goodwin Family
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 09:31:09 PM »
I am trying to find infomation on the Goodwin family. I have searched back to the 1851 census to a Samual Goodwin (1815-1895) who lived at 59 Brick Row, he was married to Sarah (unknown madien name)
They had 7 children John (b1844) Henery (b1846) Ann (b1848) George (b1850) Thomas (b1853) Jane (b1855) and Charles (b1867)
George is my great great grandfather, he married Fanny Tymm (unsure on madien name) they had 8 or 9 children
Lillie (b1884) George (b1885) Walter (b1889) Mary Ann (1891) Thomas (b?) Charles (b?) Joe(b?)
The second eldest George is my great grandfather he married Ruth Morris (b1888) in 1908 and had 1 child George (b1909) before going to Australia where they has 3 more children.
Any information would be so helpful esp. pre 1851 census.
Thank you, Rod Goodwin
rodgoodwin13@btinternet.com or mobile 077 666 41 909