Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Looking for past mates from Marple.  (Read 4854 times)

Wanderer

Looking for past mates from Marple.
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 11:20:52 AM »
It looks like the mate Dave Staunton and his family may have moved from the area,I thought I would have got a reply of one of them ,or someone who knew them,or maybe they moved abroad. I will keep looking for a while.

Wanderer

Re: Looking for past mates from Marple.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 08:11:44 PM »
I have been told that my mate Dave Staunton married a Lorraine Schofield at St Mary's church in  Disley in the year of 1970 . Maybe he now lives in Disley. When I stayed at his home he lived on Telford Road,Marple, And Brian Ritchie lived in Goyt Avenue,Marple.

I also had a brother who stayed at Church Lane in Marple when he came home on leave from the Royal Navy.

Wanderer

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 10:26:34 PM »
That saddens me,Brian was about the same age as me,we had some good times,I never knew he got married,last saw him in alocal pub years ago, but with moving about abit ,I lost touch. If he has any other family, I wish them all the best, Brian was one of the few  mates I had , R.I.P. Brian. :'(

knitter

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 06:39:07 PM »
I was in the Martin family until I married and friends  with the Ritchies, I new Bobbie, Carol and Brian who passed away a few years ago, also Carol passed away last year.

Wanderer

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 10:44:49 AM »
The people who I am looking for would know my name, but it would be good to include it, my name is Barry Ashcroft.

Hope this helps. ??

Harry

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 08:59:17 PM »
It would be good to hear from any other people who remember me being with the gang at the time, good memories of my time in Marple. :D

It may be helpful if you give your name.

Wanderer

Looking for past mates from Marple.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:39:58 PM »
I lived in Marple in the 60s 70s. It was all thanks to a mate I met in Poulton Lancs. He arranged for me to stay at his home until I got sorted out.I think he was a painter in Poulton. Anyway I was welcomed in to his family home,there was his Mum,Brother, and Sister. But the mate was working away and his name was Dave Staunton. Would be good to know all is Ok with him and his family.

I also had a good mate who showed me around Marple, we went to the local picture house,and went a lot to the Tabernacle Club in Stockport. We were there when Jimi Hendrix played for the first time, a gig never to forget as you were right next to the low stage,and Jimi was just inches away.What nights they were. we also had the house parties, which were also great. That mate was called Brian Ritchie,and I did see him at his local pub a good few years back .

It would be good to hear from any other people who remember me being with the gang at the time, good memories of my time in Marple. :D