Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Marple Childrens' Orthopaedic Hospital  (Read 10513 times)

liz appleby

Marple Childrens' Orthopaedic Hospital
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 11:58:01 AM »
Quote (tricky @ Mar. 15 2006,10:53)
F A N T A S T I C !!

Was it the radio show that gave you the connection?

Hi Tricky, Yes, it was entirely due to the radio show that we have been reunited after all these years. Its amazing to have a result & so quickly! Do you listen to it most Sundays? I'm so happy with the result. Best wishes Liz

Tricky

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 10:53:44 AM »
F A N T A S T I C !!

Was it the radio show that gave you the connection?
meh

liz appleby

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 09:51:50 AM »
Quote (tricky @ Mar. 13 2006,00:21)
Hey Liz - heard you mentioned on Radio 2's Where are they now show.

Link (good for this week only)

Funny really I've never met you (I don't think) and yet I recognised your name before Ed Stewart mentioned you were from Marple..

Proves this site works I suppose!

Good luck with your quest!

Hi Tricky, Thanks for your good wishes re: the Ed Stewart show. Believe it or not I have actually heard from that person, Iwas seeking & we are going to meet to discuss old times! Best wishes Liz.

Tricky

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 12:21:06 AM »
Hey Liz - heard you mentioned on Radio 2's Where are they now show.

Link (good for this week only)

Funny really I've never met you (I don't think) and yet I recognised your name before Ed Stewart mentioned you were from Marple..

Proves this site works I suppose!

Good luck with your quest!
meh

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 05:21:23 PM »
Thanks so much. Best wishes Liz

eeyore21

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »
i'll check with my mum when she gets off her hols and then she can talk to my auntie and see what she remembers

liz appleby

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 11:19:40 AM »
Quote (eeyore21 @ Feb. 03 2006,18:50)
my mum pat glover and my auntie joan glover used to work at the childrens hospital. I think it was possibly early 60's because I was born in 1964. dont know if you remember them but if you do let me know and I'll try to help.

Thanks so much for your reply I would love to know more about your Mum & Aunt. They may have been there when I was there, Do you know or can you ask them what they remember, the hospital patients staff anything the treatments & treatment of the patients, anything however small. I do appreciate your offer to help. Best wishes Liz/ I was known then as Marion Kennerley & lived in Siddington on a farm.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 01:09:14 PM »
Thanks eeyore 21. It was good to hear from you. I would love to know more about your Mum & Aunt. I'm having trouble logging in or something. What did your Mum & Aunt do? I went home in 56 but they may have been there then & may know of people & things about the Hospital. Would love to know more about them, if you can help me.

eeyore21

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 06:50:34 PM »
my mum pat glover and my auntie joan glover used to work at the childrens hospital. i think it was possibly early 60's because i was born in 1964. dont know if you remember them but if you do let me know and i'll try to help.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 06:02:36 PM »
This message is posted on behalf of Liz Appleby. If anyone can help Liz with even a small snippet of information, then please post it here......

Is it possible to find any one who knows anything about Marple Childrens' Orthopaedic Hospital, ex patients, Dr's, Nurses, cooks, cleaners or any one who had any thing to do with it. I was a patient with TB spine & therefore was a resident of Marple. I spent ages in there & had a lot of treatment. We also were an extension company of the Marple Girl Guides. Is there any one who came to see us and advise us on that? Does any one remember Raymond Prince & Jean Mackenzie? Does any one of those guide leaders who used to visit us on our beds remember us( I think one was called Celia) Also the crippled childrens' society used to visit us. Is there any one there who remembers us, the lost residents of Marple. Please help if you can. It would mean so much to me. I was known in those days as Marion Kennerley/now I am known by my 1st name Liz & married name Appleby. Please help if you can it would mean so much to me.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website