Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Freeview  (Read 3428 times)

wardie

Freeview
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 03:16:24 PM »
I'd like to second (or third! ) the comments on Airwaves below.  I read the recommendations here and booked Chris and his dad to fit a new aerial ready for freeview.  They did a great job, very neat and tidy (even running the aerial cable down the house behind the downspout which hides it now! ) and I'm very pleased.

Good local tradesmen!

Also, they were cheaper than most of the installers my friends have used in their neighbourhoods.

alan@marple

Freeview
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 10:01:41 PM »
I live near the "ringers" and I get a great free-view picture from Winter Hill on a standard aerial.

Airwaves at Romiley have looked after me for a number of years Chris and his Dad make a great team and you will not get ripped off.

Incidentally I have given up all my Sky packages now in favour of Free-view, I was paying £30 a month for all the movies and various other programmes and rarely watched them.

I have kept the sky box connected to a spare TV just so I can watch all the various regional news programmes and ITV Stations when i need to

Freeview
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 07:39:15 PM »
Steve- I live just off Bonnington Rise Marple Bridge, our Freeview works perfectly from our standard terestrial TV ariel, bit strange that an indoor ariel gives better results. Might be worth getting your existing roof top ariel checked out first. Good luck

regards
Mike

Tricky

Freeview
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 07:22:55 PM »
Steve - It's more than likely that you are recieving your signal from the Romiley transmitter.

I presume you don't get a channel 5 reception?

As far as I know.. (I'm happy to be corrected! ) Freeview is not transmitted from there.. and you would have to have your aerial pointed towards Winter Hill.  That would also, ideally, mean a different aerial too. See Here

There is a company called " Airwaves " in Woodley  they might be worth a phone call.. Airwaves Link

Let us know how you get on. Your experience may be useful to others!
meh

sgk

Freeview
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 03:06:55 PM »
I'd like to pick up a Freeview signal from Marple Bridge (up Hollins Lane).  Have got a Freeview receiver, but it doesn't pick up any channels after a "scan".

Got slightly better results with a portable (indoor) antenna, but still a bit ropey.

Anyone in the area had their external aerial replaced in order to pick up Freeview?  Any advice (eg which TV aerial company to try, as I don't want to do a Rod Hull) ?

Thanks,

Steve.