Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Hawk Green Bonfire  (Read 4561 times)

Hawk Green Bonfire
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 10:38:59 AM »
Quote (eeyore21 @ Oct. 24 2005,18:01)
please dont forget the bonfire up at hawk green park on saturday 5th november 05.
its free to go although there will be people walking round with collection boxes for donations so that the event can carry on.
there will be an organised firework display and other things happening and of course the pub will be open.
been for the last 16yrs and its always a good night.

can you please let mew know what time the bonfire/fireworks start on Saturday
Many thanks, Stephen

Hawk Green Bonfire
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 10:09:38 PM »
I was up in Hawk Green for the weekend as I now live in London, but I have to say the Hawk Green Bonfire was fantastic! Best one I have ever been to. I hope that they made enough money to cover the Insurance expense!

tina

Hawk Green Bonfire
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 12:24:43 PM »
I have to agree its always a good night and a good turnout.

eeyore21

Hawk Green Bonfire
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 06:01:05 PM »
please dont forget the bonfire up at hawk green park on saturday 5th november 05.
its free to go although there will be people walking round with collection boxes for donations so that the event can carry on.
there will be an organised firework display and other things happening and of course the pub will be open.
been for the last 16yrs and its always a good night.

Rachael

Hawk Green Bonfire
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 08:40:34 PM »
My husband and children have just returned from the bonfire and firework display at Hawk Green.

In previous years, we have only been to Brabyns park, but my husband said the bonfire was fantastic at Hawk Green, and that is where we shall go in the future.

The atmosphere was fantastic, a trip for a quick drink at the Crown was a must, followed by chips from the chip shop on the stroll back home from a really good event.

Thank you to all involved in organising the event.

Hawk Green Bonfire
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 04:08:15 PM »
the bonfire starts at 6.30pm and then the firework display starts at 7pm.
hawk green brass band is going to be there.
there will be raffle tickets on sale.
the bonfire is meant to be built like the houses of parliament and they are going to put lights in the windows as this is the 400th anniversary of the gunpwder plot.
should be a really good night and the weathers meant to be getting better over the weekend.

Hawk Green Bonfire
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 02:07:58 PM »
My family also went to the hawk green bonfire. We were very impressed. The fireworks were fabulous and it seemed very well organised. Thanks to all those that put it on.