Evolution Joinery & Building Work Evolved

Author Topic: Carolyn Leather: Green Party Candidate for Marple North 2019  (Read 102 times)

Carolyn Leather

Carolyn Leather: Green Party Candidate for Marple North 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 11:10:15 PM »
I am standing as the Green Party Candidate again in Marple North.

For those that don't know me, my background is in medicine.  I trained as a GP and then worked as a Palliative Care doctor until 2015.  I live in the ward with my husband and two children, one of whom has complex needs.

I have a particular interest in inclusive education and equality issues.  I was a school governor for a number of years, and have also volunteered at the Wellspring and for the Cinnamon Trust.  I have been secretary of Stockport Green Party since March 2018.

If elected, I would work as hard as possible to protect all of our green spaces. Climate breakdown and air quality need to be addressed urgently by Stockport Council, and I would work with like-minded colleagues to make real progress in these areas.

Marple is a great place to live, but we do have issues which will only get better with proper enforcement. I will fight to protect and improve all of our public services, including our public transport system.

Please do get in touch if you have any questions.

Green Party Candidate for Marple North 2019 and Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Hazel Grove
secretary@stockportgreenparty.co.uk