A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Loud bangs from Mellor/Marple area?  (Read 3690 times)

Tcadams

Re: Loud bangs from Mellor/Marple area?
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 10:45:34 AM »
Just bumping this topic from a few years ago - did anyone ever find out what the bangs were?

There have been more bangs for at least the last couple of Saturday nights - I heard them last week and someone on the facebook Marple Community Hub heard them last night.

I'm off Hollins Lane in Marple Bridge, looking out over Longhurst Lane with Roman Lakes/Strines in the distance. I think (although hard to tell at night) that the bangs seemed to come from the left of my house - which would mean Mellor or Mill Brow direction.

I heard three, about around 10/10.30pm last Saturday night, spaced out by maybe 5 minutes each. They were too big for shotguns, and I'm not close to fields so pretty sure it was nobody out hunting rabbits. They sounded like more of a "thump" than a "bang" - ie a ground explosion rather than fireworks. My first thought was actually a gas explosion somewhere in the distance, so obviously checked twitter and the news in the morning - but nothing.

It's probably just kids exploding a bucket of fireworks in a field somewhere - but if not then I'm really intrigued! Anybody have any ideas?

willow

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »
Has there ever been any update to the explosives?

Howard

corium

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 01:28:43 PM »
Not heard anything out of the ordinary for the last couple of nights - has there been a repeat? If not could something have been happening at the scout camp?

Bonny

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 11:02:14 AM »
They have been starting around 8.30-9.30pm.

corium

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 09:52:16 AM »
Can't say I've heard any - about what time are they happening?

Bonny

Loud bangs from Mellor/Marple area?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:50:42 AM »
Hi
Does anyone know what is causing the load bangs that have been going off in the Mellor/Marple area this week?
They sound like very large fireworks and  occure in the evening and are too loud to be shotguns.
Thanks