Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Longhurst Lane water leak update  (Read 2365 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Longhurst Lane water leak update
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 08:10:57 PM »
Good evening

I’ve just got confirmation that the leak on Longhurst Lane has been fixed, United Utilities states it was a stopcock issue. Thanks to all those who have been in touch over this, we will be keeping a close watch on this in the future.

This local work is what we do as Lib Dem’s, we work for the area all year round and it’s why you voted Malcolm and I in to represent you. You can be sure our candidate Becky Senior will be working just as hard should she get your vote.

Kind regards

Steve.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 04:54:55 PM »
Hi Corium

Thanks for updating me, I got a few emails on Monday that there was an issue, I spoke to United Utilities on Tuesday, I’m glad it’s getting dealt with quickly. Fingers crossed it gets fully sorted this time. Of course it’s better this time of year in that the chances of freezing conditions are reduced but for everyone’s benefit it needs fixing properly.

Kind regards

Steve

corium

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 04:15:32 PM »
Steve

In case you don't know the usual spot is being dug up again today. There was quite a lot of water coming out yesterday (a dribble a couple of days before). Assuming it's the same problem the "repair" lasted a tad over 2 months.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 06:28:33 PM »
Does seem to be a lot better today

Thanks for the update, I will keep an eye on this and hopefully all will remain sorted (and a lot safer) now.

Kind regards

Steve

corium

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 01:06:41 PM »
Does seem to be a lot better today

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 04:47:34 PM »
There is a secondary water course coming off the field next to the house, I will have this checked out as I was told the water flow had totally stopped this afternoon.

corium

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 12:52:05 PM »
Just walked past, water is still flowing from underneath the driveway.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 07:37:15 PM »
I shall reserve judgement for a couple of weeks given the repair I saw being done implied a) they had stopped water flowing uphill b) Yes it was being done in a different place from usual but this is the 7th(?) in about the last two years

I have to take it that the repairs are correct, this is why I wanted to let people know and that is all I can do at this stage.
I hope for everyone’s sake this will be the end of a long running local issue.

Steve.

corium

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 07:20:30 PM »
Good evening

United Utilities called me today to confirm the leak has now been repaired. Thanks to all those who have been in contact about this, I’m really pleased it’s been done and fair credit to UU for their constant communication over this in the last few weeks. It has taken too long but thankfully its all done and that stretch of Longhurst should be a lot safer now.

Kind regards

Steve

I shall reserve judgement for a couple of weeks given the repair I saw being done implied a) they had stopped water flowing uphill b) Yes it was being done in a different place from usual but this is the 7th(?) in about the last two years

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 05:45:59 PM »
Good evening

United Utilities called me today to confirm the leak has now been repaired. Thanks to all those who have been in contact about this, I’m really pleased it’s been done and fair credit to UU for their constant communication over this in the last few weeks. It has taken too long but thankfully its all done and that stretch of Longhurst should be a lot safer now.

Kind regards

Steve

Steve Gribbon

Longhurst Lane water leak update
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 05:37:01 PM »
Good evening, please read on for an update on the Longhurst Lane water leak.

We (Malcolm Allan and I) have last week requested an urgent site visit with United Utilities in an effort sort this issue out. We are fully aware of the hazardous conditions and are working hard to have it rectified. We have been working with the Council who have agreed to install a 'crescent drain' to take water off the road and into the drainage system. This will not of course stop the leak but it should create a dryer and safer road surface. The road will also be prioritised for gritting whenever vehicles are mobilised.

I appreciate this does not solve the leak but at least it will stop water going across the road which is a big concern to us all. I am waiting for a work date from the Council and will update on here when I have one.

Kind regards, Steve