A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Mellor Roundhouse ON THE BOX  (Read 1500 times)

the rover

Re: Mellor Roundhouse ON THE BOX
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 07:07:01 PM »
Thank you for the information

corium

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 11:06:51 AM »
It's on the land adjacent to the driveway of the Old Vicarage. I don't think it's accessible to the public at normal times but I'm not certain of that.

It is accessible as a footpath runs through the field it's in.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 07:17:39 AM »
Can somebody please show where this Roundhouse is located in Mellor?

It's on the land adjacent to the driveway of the Old Vicarage. I don't think it's accessible to the public at normal times but I'm not certain of that.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

the rover

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 06:30:53 AM »
Can somebody please show where this Roundhouse is located in Mellor?

MLHS

Mellor Roundhouse ON THE BOX
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 06:17:21 PM »

Phil Spencer, of ‘Location, Location, Location’, presents a new series, on More4, in which he tells the story of the country’s most historical households, unearthing the nation’s architectural ancestry through 100 properties spread through the country. The Mellor Roadhouse is included in the first episode, to be screened at 9pm on Wednesday 30th January.

In 2002, students from the Ridge Danyers Sixth Form College were involved in a European Community Culture Programme, The Mnesonyme Project, to reconstruct an Iron Age Roundhouse on the site, which remains in place, providing an evocative reminder of how the area might have looked during this period.

“'It’s a real privilege to be travelling the UK for More4. I can’t wait to tell the story of Britain’s social history, architecture, agriculture and industry through the houses we’ve built and lived in,' says Phil. 'It’s going to be a sumptuous and revealing journey of the most interesting homes packed with layers of intrigue and focussing on how our homes have adapted to social change over the centuries."